Good laptops to play FAF on. Any recommendations?

Any recommendations?

I've played FAF on numerous laptops and they all have the same problem: downclocking due to heat or excessive power usage. In turn, the sim rate just drops and even on Seton's you become the reason why the game is running at -1 or -2 without that much going on. When you perform underclocking and / or using a fan pad to cool it down as much as you can then you are merely delaying the problem.

If I had the money I'd just buy a small computer to play FAF on 🙂 .

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Post-Lease workstations.
Clunky and big? Maybe, but rock solid performance otherwise.

Get the best CPU you can get your hands on. Im using a Laptop (XMG P507 2017) with a 7700 HQ just fine, but it is a heavy laptop with proper (and loud) cooling system.

Find a second-hand Alienware or something. They're more than powerful enough, the higher-end ones comes with a 17" screen and the cooling isn't compromised because of thin-and-light-at-all-costs.

Just get a gaming laptop with a good CPU, probably intel for that single core action. I had success playing supcom on laptops with good CPUs and not gaming GPUs but not that much with gaming laptops that have higher level gaming GPUs.

I have been playing Setons just fine on an HP Envy X360 15 with a Ryzen 7 4700u (which is a slim laptop with a 15 watt CPU). I'm never the slowest person in the game (and I don't think i've noticed it going behind +0).

I suspect any Intel tiger lake or AMD renoir CPU will handle the game just fine. There have been some decent advances in mobile CPU tech in the past 12-24 months so I'd say a lot of the hearsay about them not working well for FAF is outdated.

I've the same laptop as Arkansas. They're a very nice machine for the money.

@Arkansas said in Good laptops to play FAF on. Any recommendations?:

I have been playing Setons just fine on an HP Envy X360 15 with a Ryzen 7 4700u (which is a slim laptop with a 15 watt CPU). I'm never the slowest person in the game (and I don't think i've noticed it going behind +0).

I suspect any Intel tiger lake or AMD renoir CPU will handle the game just fine. There have been some decent advances in mobile CPU tech in the past 12-24 months so I'd say a lot of the hearsay about them not working well for FAF is outdated.

Not being the slowest doesn't mean jack shit when we don't know what other players were there... 90% of the games are hosted with obvious laggers in them.

Laptops are shit cause they tend to have bad one core performance

Soon™️

If you get an intel "H" processor with adequate cooling it is fine for FAF. It's the U processors and ones with terrible thermals you need to avoid.