biass' maps

alt textalt textalt textalt textalt textalt textalt textalt textalt text

Welcome back to season 5? of biass map threads.
I had to remake my list from scratch so I had some fun with it.

As always, please drop any feedback or ideas, bugs etc in this thread.

I uploaded Aalhaven along with posting this thread. It's a map I had been chipping away at for a decent amount of time.

It's 10km and 1v1. Photos below:

alt textalt textalt textalt textalt textalt textalt text

The terrain is a little more "simple" and lacking detail. This means there shouldn't really be any strange issues with the ramps.

Let me know here, and not in aeolus or anywhere else if you still manage to find a problem.

Thanks!

Can you make your full map list horizonal, but maybe two or three rows to accomodate for the space? It is really annoying to read sideways

Stunning work on textures, coloring and decals on Aalhave, biass! Wow. Can you post close ups of the other maps as well?

Hi Lion,

you can still view the old thread that has all the images for past maps here: https://forums.faforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=18520

I really like the rocky patch thing you do (rocktexture on flat ground with rock and edge normals on top). I will need to copy that if I get around to mapping again at some point : D

Wow, these are beautiful! I have wanted to make some maps for awhile (and am in on the mapgen github) and i'm jealous of these! Simply amazing! 😄

The Crucible is at version 4.

• Changed some specific areas where the mountains were too high.
  • Some small water tweaks.
  • Cleaned FtXCommando's tears off one of the ramps, causing units to slip.

alt text

wow .... nice, very impressive.

I've had a lump on the back of my neck.
While it didn't seem very serious, it was possible that the balance forums finally gave me cancer, so i've been taking it easy for a bit.

Realm, another legacy map from a million years ago, is at version 2.

• General texture, lighting, water update.
  • Quickly brushed over the hills so they're easier to see, should be fine with the better lighting.
  • Changed spawns so that players 5 and 6 spawn in the middle, making it more acceptable for 2v2 play.

alt text

Realm is one of my first maps back when I thought 1500 decals was a lot, and lacks many textures or nuance. I don't have any plans to update it further, but you'll definetly have a better time when it gets put into a TMM pool.

As for what I am working on, the following screenshot is a WIP map with no textures:

alt text

Long time veterans will recognize this as Total Annihilation's "Gods of War" map. Except it's 10km.
It features all of those fancy new lightmap templates and other extra stuff you might have seen in newer maps from Jip or Svenni.
The underwater terrain is also made with the same methods, but the above ground terrain is hand made. It's all completely traversible, so don't fret.

alt text

This map is not the best example of shadow casting or ambient occulsion, and I'm no pro like Jip or Svenni, but I think it looks quite nice.

Dont expect this to come out for a little bit, I have to manually colour balance a full set of custom textures to suit the lighting setup, and then decal the entire thing, etc.

After that I have some plans to make both:

• A teamgame map for both 2v2 and 3v3
  • Another 5km 1v1

Stay tuned.

More WIP images of Gods of War 10km (I need these to check back on them later)

alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text

This area still needs:

• 3 Textures (All these textures are custom colour graded)
  • Inner island decals
  • Albedo decals where required

Intensely beautiful work. Looking forward to it.

I have spent the past 3 days grinding out the Gods of War map so it can be used on the SCTA stream over this weekend. I won't be there - because ill be out drinking as part of belated birthday celebration, but even if you're not so interested in asymmetric maps I implore you to take a small peek because it looks good and I tried hard.

Here are the ingame pictures:
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text

It's on the vault now. All the islands are roughly balanced to be the same amount of mass reclaim.
Thanks to jip and svenni for those world machine templates.
Thanks to Axle(?) for the original 5km port that I used as a reference.
All custom textures are modified FA assets graded by yours truly.

Cheers boys.

These look absolutely superb, I hope you're very proud of them

(Realm is at Version 3

I quickly fixed some terrain)