Make a t3 air unit that one shots mexes and can only be killed by other t3 air units.
WD #3 - Ridiculous Balance Ideas
@brannou .. and the ACU gets bigger with vet
@deribus I actually tried setting the Fervor to direct fire. It's Insanely OP.
Otherwise, ignoring the rules I have ideas for navy
- Torpedoes are universally ammunition style weapons, having a use or autouse toggle like overcharge. Torpedoes now do tons of damage, no homing, and have a cool splash effect when they hit something.
- Subs now have a silent/deep running modes and auto stealth when not moving (like selen auto cloak, but no power draw). Silent running mode cuts movement speed, but preserves sealth. Cyb moves fastest. UEF have low hp and huge deck gun damage (surface and attack ambush style). T1 subs retain late game usefulness by being able to reclaim seafloor mass.
- Ships can 'repair mode' or disable drive and weapons to regen faster. Or 'mothball' state that generates a tiny amount of mass and power.
- "Fleet Tender" class ships with regen or repair bonuses. Can also assist torpedo production. Perhaps cybran is submersible?
- Larger ships are broken down and modularized like ACU/sACU. Example-battleships, with gun enhancement, shields, speed upgrades, HP upgrades.
- Aircraft carriers made to actually carry aircraft. Their three module slots each have an aircraft type that can be selected. ASF, Bomb, Torp. Building it generates a squad of drones that dock at the ship, and go out and attack targets in it's radar range.
- Aeon Frigate increased in effectiveness. Easily beats any other frigate. Barely loses 2v1. Cost/build adjusted to compensate.
- Cybran corvette exists and given kamikaze 'ram' ability.
- Naval veterancy increases range slightly, as to assure higher vet ships get the first shot advantage (seems like something a better trained crew would be able to do)
- Homeworld games imported in their entirety. Vagyr and Higarian campaigns set in space. Entire engine overhauled.
- Execs at Sqweenix assassinated with orbital laser. SC IP purchased by nonprofit FAF association. Supcom 3 confirmed.
- Supcom now an olympic sport.
You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!
Firebeetles jump at enemies before exploding. They can also jump over small hills, gaps, etc.
Loyalists have a "final stand" after dying, where they shoot but do not move before exploding.
Titans are as large as GC's and are now T4's. Makes sense...
Pillars are grey rectangles... Wait, this isn't a change. Lets make them vertical!
Experimental units (T4's) have a limited lifetime before they expire. They are prototypes after all.
Engineers need at least 5 goons looking and watching them work before they are able to actually build anything.
The harbinger should hold a scythe and have a 1 range attack that insta kills a unit, and the harbinger.
Seraphim Yolona Oss should be renamed "Wrath of God". Its nuke cannot be shot down unless an aeon player uses the sacrifice ability to build an asylum shield, anywhere on the map.
ACU's need to loudly and obnoxiously scream "It's over 9000!" when using over 9000 energy for an overcharge.
Whenever a SACU gets built, it needs to be under a ally AI's control. If no ally AI is available, one will be created for you.
Each ACU gets a temporary super mode similar to Quake/Doom
Cybran - 4x damage
UEF - 4x shield
Sera - 4x firing rate
Aeon - 4x vision and regen
Bringing in the Hunker ability for ACU's from SupCom 2.
I disliked the game but I can't deny that that feature was pretty cool, though.
Hunker ability for ACU's from SupCom 2.
When activated the unit "kneels down" and creates a protective shield around itself, reducing incoming damage by 50%. It is not possible to move, use weapons or activate abilities whilst hunkered down. You also cannot be healed
@jip Already done, we had this for many years in LOUD - it's grossly unrealistic, and overpowered. We removed it about three years back.
I dont really see how it would be op, especially if you assign some cost to it like making it an upgrade. If youre getting sniped half the time youre better of dodging anyway, and in a battle it means u cant oc while in this mode.
Finally some decent counter to telemazer kappa
I don't think allowing heavily upgraded commanders with some vet to survive a direct nuke is a good idea
put the xbox units in the game pls u_u
Isn’t the whole point to just make snipes more difficult? I’d argue it’s already closer to being too hard to recover from a lost position than it is to do damage from it in FAF so I fail to see what would even be gained by implementing it.
Make it a back upgrade...
Reduce the effectiveness of it to -25% damage reduction.
Add an energy cost requirement (say about -300 E) to run and bam, there you go.
If you E stall, you're just kneeling down but still taking all 100% of damage... so don't stall.
Make it so it takes time to kneel down and get up and a cool down so the ability can't be spammed as soon as you stand up...