Scouts and labs should not break tree groups

Slowed down by hitting the trees kappa

Imo a toggle would be too niche to be worth adding. I agree something should be done about being able to see trees through FoW but that should be in the form of some fix (not showing trees breaking through FoW) rather than a overly complex workaround that does not actually remove the issue.
Also a toggle makes no sense from a perspective of realism (or consistency). Ik its just a game and there is plenty of unrealistic features, but it makes no logical sense for a mech marine to be able to with the push of the button go straight through trees. I think making labs/scouts not interact with trees and leaving tree interactions the same are both valid ideas, however i think both at once would be a mistake.

How do we feel about T1 engies also not breaking tree groups?

Feels to me like a noob trap you "just gotta know about" to avoid random e-stalls, that also doesn't really add anything to the game at higher levels.

Tree breaking should just be fully removed from the game.

Ban Anime

I don't think that's needed. Using these units specifically to destroy groups of trees is relevant only on 1 map. In other cases, take into account that labs and scouts in factions are very different (aeon and seraphim for example). Player 1 (aeon) builds labs and does not break the forest on his half of the map. Player 2 (seraphim) builds tanks and breaks the forest on his side.

Sorry for my English. I use translator

I think for Setons reducing the on-water speed of the spirit would go a long way to allowing time for the other team to destroy it before it gets into all the forestry.

Any non-sera can put a lab in a transport to do so.

Otherwise you can get situation like above where player spamming flares keeps their tree groups intact and the player making tanks breaks theirs.

Arguing about the balance of units/mechanics on only a single map is pretty irrelevant imo.

Still, breaking trees in the early game is just an unintuitive feel bad mechanic all around, so why keep it?

Well it is a thing in the game maybe it is bad but if it is removed is make the game more linear less interesting

@unknow

It’s just an aesthetic thing honestly. Maybe breaking tree groups should still happen but allow the engineer to still suck up the whole group at once, fallen trees and all

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

@zeldafanboy Def not only aesthetic when u see that on all maps with trees and +1800 players they all try to break opponennts trees (last setons tourney, watch nexus vs petric on LOTS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjX79ZgVd0Y)