Faf co op missions maps & mods directory

Hello everyone, I noticed that when I run co op missions, maps downloads from steam FA directory. Should it use /My Games/Gas Powered Games/Supreme Commander Forged Alliance/maps ?

Can you describe your issue, a bit more?

@magge When you start a co-op mission, all the missing maps are usually downloaded to the /My Games/Gas Powered Games/Supreme Commander Forged Alliance/maps folder. Or to the directory that you specified in the settings. But when I ran any co-op mission in the console, an error was displayed that the selected map was not found. After a while, I found out that the client was looking for these maps in the Steam/steamapps/common/Supreme Commander Forged Alliance/maps directory. But he downloaded all the maps for co-op to another folder

this problem with the co-op has existed for at least six months.
people usually ask in faf chat or discord, where these questions are criticized by people who have everything working.
as a result, it's easier not to play co-op than to look for a solution and listen that you're the only loser who doesn't have something working.

the lobby is starting. the chat lobby writes:
"player" map is missing.
maps/x1ca_coop_001/x1ca_coop_001_scenario.lua.
the selected map dose not exist

the game does not allow the launch

if you check for files, everything is downloaded, a folder with many text files and one picture.
the analysis of configs does not give hints of a solution. all links are correct. there is no log file without the ability to start the game.
of a popular solution for non-English-speaking operating systems with the removal of everything not related to English in the links does not help.
the second popular solution to problems with removing mods does not help
the third popular solution some have tried "extreme" with reinstalling the game / client/ OS does not help.

it is not possible to formulate the problem properly on the forum, there is little information. different people describe the situation differently.

you can join our discord server and find new missions and help here as well
https://discord.gg/6NEP2m6x

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

Go there, I don't know exactly where... ask someone I don't know who ...
an unworthy answer for a moderator, in fact, such a link does not lead anywhere in the context of the problem voiced by topiсstarter.
this is some kind of advertisement, not an answer.

it's a direct way to contact a dev that can help you instead of random stuff that can mess up your faf client or just end up in a waste of time

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

it's almost like a link in Google. if on a profile forum, the moderator considers such an answer exhaustive, then so be it.

It looks like I failed to explain the situation clearly. I fixed this issue by manually downloading the files from the git repository https://github.com/FAForever/faf-coop-maps. And put them in the folder with the steam version of the game, i.e. (Steam/steamapps/common/Supreme Commander Forged Alliance/maps)

@curious_guy said in Faf co op missions maps & mods directory:

@magge When you start a co-op mission, all the missing maps are usually downloaded to the /My Games/Gas Powered Games/Supreme Commander Forged Alliance/maps folder. Or to the directory that you specified in the settings. But when I ran any co-op mission in the console, an error was displayed that the selected map was not found. After a while, I found out that the client was looking for these maps in the Steam/steamapps/common/Supreme Commander Forged Alliance/maps directory. But he downloaded all the maps for co-op to another folder

@Sheikah I'm not sure, but I think this has been the case since we introduced the custom vault location. The init co-op never got an update. Could you confirm that maps, even co-op maps, are always stored at the custom vault location?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@curious_guy I dont know how you've managed to fix anything by doing that, since the files that are on the git are not the same as the files you download through the client. So all the missions you host from the faf client won't use those files you've downloaded manually

@speed2 yes, the missions I hosted were marked as unknown. But the main idea was in which directory they were loaded from

@curious_guy you're right.
I made an experiment and placed in the steam games folder what the FAF client uploaded to its maps folder.
the co-op has started.
for people who do not care about storing client files separately from the steam, the solution will be to reassign the folder with the maps to the game directory in the steam

or download the necessary missions before the game and copy manually. then the maps of multiplayer games are separate, and the coop is in the folder with the steam. this is still less clogging of the catalog with the game.
however, if the map of the co-op is updated, you will have to manually repeat the copying.
as a crisis solution, an option suitable for use

@jip ah yeah if the coop isn't mounting the folder properly then yeah it needs to be changed. Coop maps are not treated differently from other maps.