30min Para at Dual Gap

Hi guys,
There is this strat, where the player on the eco spot gets a Para at under 30min. It's usually a team effort and a legit way to play this map but lately I feel like there is no counter to this. 😩

Since more and more players doing this build it makes the map become quite boring und frankly unwinable for the team with the eco player going for a different build.

I tried with going for a game ender myself finishing at 30min, teleporting SACU's, Building t3 Artillery... none of these attempts gave reliably good results.

I was wondering if someone knows a strat that works to counter this? 🤔

On a personal note:
I feel like a t4 structure that is basically an endless money cheat should cost significantly more than the T4 Game Enders. With enough Hives and a comperable investment in Time and resources to a Para, the Para seems a bit too strong.

Before bashing me for being a noob: Yes I am a casual player at 1'000 and play mostly dual gap or 4v4 matchmaking. I love the game but have no time to become a "pro". 😉

What I have found to work is

1. Win air, then you can strat the Para
  2. Win navy, then you can sub nuke the Para
  3. Seraphim tele their smd, then you can nuke their Para
  4. Make Mavor first (take out either Para or smd and nuke Para)
  5. Give the eco player trouble, do not just give the player a easy 30min no attack.

You have to actively give the eco player trouble that slows them down.

• Early nuke (so they have to make smds)
  • Early air boomers
  • Land on their island and make TML
    All these things slows them down.

Never Fear, A Geek is Here!

Para = 10 washers and 10 washers kill anything and everything that exists on the map.

no counter to para?

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

a t4 structure that is basically an endless money cheat

Literally provides less mass per mass invested than a t1 mex... speaking of which, aren't there like a bunch of mexes in the middle of dual gap?

You can counter paragon by not playing dual gap

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd

IIRC none of those "King of DG" matches lasted long enough to enter gameender stage (idk if they are still watchable). It`s rather "communication&coordination" problem than "map problem". The whole appeal of gameender rush is the ability to play absolutely defencive with minimum communication.

As for other ways to delay their eco early enough you can:

1. Snipe enemy miders (you need good miders to actually use that advantage)
  2. Nothabomb/artydrop/comdrop their eco/t3 air (you need anti scout measures and air help)
  3. Join t3 air and strat their coms/airgrid (don`t get nuked)
  4. Nuke (you need your team to harass them or you need to be fast)
  5. Use sera teleSACUs/cybran telemazer to kill smd/para (they need to be bad at teledef)
  6. Beat their weakened air (they teambuilt para) and snipe para/para owner
  7. Ahwassadrop at their para/com/smd (you need air cover, good aim and some t3 bombers to be sure)
    Overall, you need to play through your team strength and communicate with your teammates.
This post is deleted!

Good inputs, thanks.

I absolutely agree that it is more of a team communication problem than a map problem. But it's difficult to solve with random teams sometimes.

@m-r_n-b said in 30min Para at Dual Gap:

IIRC none of those "King of DG" matches lasted long enough to enter gameender stage (idk if they are still watchable).

Will try to find that on youtube 😄

@ftxcommando said in 30min Para at Dual Gap:

Para = 10 washers and 10 washers kill anything and everything that exists on the map.

What is a washer? T3 Bombers? the problem with air is actually winning air decisively enough AND to have t3 bombers to snipe Para at 30min. I'ts pretty difficult or I am just too bad to make that work...

Sniping the smd and nuke seems to be a good idea, provided they dont have a ton of tele def.

washer - awasha - ahwassa

they tend to wipe your bottom off the map