HotBuild Overhaul

Hey buddy! great work!
but unfortunately, it seem's that this mod make my game crash at startup.
It was working yesterday, then I upraded to the new FAFClient, and it don't work anymore.

I 've tested without the mod and game works fine.

Crash happen after loading screen, when the comm is supposed to appear."

Nothing happend here 😙

@m0rph3u5 pm me in discord 4z0t#3189

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

I tried playing around with the mod a bit and while I like it a lot, it seems like you can't assign any "action" hotkeys, like overcharge or upgrade.

Would it be possible to add that?

I don't think it would be possible with less possible base key actions code changes. And its very unclear how units should behave in some cases.

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

Im also working on share function, so, stay tuned and promote mod 😛

— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

75453840-ee26-4ef7-bd68-0cd93bc3a0f0-image.png

— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

@ctrl-k said in HotBuild Overhaul:

I don't think it would be possible with less possible base key actions code changes. And its very unclear how units should behave in some cases.

Not sure how you implement the base key actions, but for ambiguity you could just use a priority order (similar to buildings with hotbuild) and it just selects the first order all(any?) selected unit(s) can do. So you could map A to reclaim->attack and have engies reclaim with "A" and nuke fire with "A".

@Genos This mod is quite nice. What do you think about improving it further by adding the ability to add templates (ie: pd surrounded by walls) to it?

pfp credit to gieb

@Penguin_ isn't possible now

— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

@nex I do like your suggestion. I have a few idea's how I would like to setup my hotkeys as you described. I hope that @Ctrl-K can add this. 😀

Someday..

— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods