Chatbot developer / maintainer

We are currently looking for a

Chatbot developer / maintainer

You take over maintainership of one or both of our chatbot systems:

• QAI is the official IRC bot lurking around on our IRC server, written in Python. It spams repeated messages, informs players about running streams
  • Dostya is a multi-functional discord bot written in JavaScript that also acts as an IRC bridge to our #aeolus channel. It also looks up players, replays or posts about news.

Both apps have severe issues and need some love.

Engagement: long term
Complexity: low (almost no dependencies to FAF services)
Programming language: any (you can rewrite the existing apps if required)
Degree of freedom: high (you can add any feature you like, as long as it stays maintainable)

I'd love to do this!

Do I need to write an application?

Well, I assume it you can't make it fix itself by yelling at it. See the source code linked on the app name.

@Brutus5000 said in Chatbot developer / maintainer:

Well, I assume it you can't make it fix itself by yelling at it. See the source code linked on the app name.

I think he meant does he need to get approved to do the task.

Oh sorry I was in a completely different context 🤣
No you don't need to write an application, just have a short talk with me about what the next steps should be.

These posts are amazing 😄

Dragonite has recently been working on Dostya again, just saying.
Are there any big issues with the bot?

Just check the Github issues.

After seeing how much time I need to spent on other aspects of my life, I won't be able to work on a chatbot 😞 . I'll also try to be a bit more reserved - this is the second time that I pull myself back.

@Jip Did you take a look at the code? I might be able to help out. I am in need of a little side project to flex my python skills. If someone is available that knows it already that would be nice.

I think this was beeing worked on in Zulip and was beeing Redone in .NET core and .Net but not sure on if they are sill working on it or if it has stoped.

Yes, the new action takes place here: https://github.com/FAForever/faf-qai