Unit Creation Tourney #1 (October of 2020)

Could you show how the visuals of the unit change with the change of players color?

@MadMax Reminds me of oldy goldie spider from TA, although it was on ARM side, it always suited better as CORE unit design-wise, so i like it in Cybran lineup 😉

@Tagada said in Unit Creation Tourney #1 (October of 2020):

Could you show how the visuals of the unit change with the change of players color?

yeah sure here you go

Supreme Commander  Forged Alliance Screenshot 2020.10.26 - 00.18.20.61.png

Vault Admin / Creative Team / Map Guru

Would love to see an aeon land unit that uses an oblivion cannon, especially since they lack a siege unit in the land role.

Mostly I just want to see oblivion cannon shots more often in land battles.

@TOOTHBRUSHDUCK That could be cool. Perhaps for balance it could deploy? (Since their arty does not do that). Like the UEF t1 mobile PD from Black Ops. Maybe hover but can only deploy on land? Some interesting strategic options there possibly.

@MadMax That's a great submission! Really fits the faction aesthetic, and it's "go anywhere" capability reminds me of the infantry esque role that bots/walkers should be in. I am worried about the Strategic Icon, though the wagner and rhino both have the same icon, so I doubt it will mater much. To be fully honest though, I feel like it has a lot of overlap with the other Cyb t3 land, and does not try to expand to new tactical niches. I do want to play with it though, so clearly you are on the right track.
Lore wise it kinda seems like some of the "experiment" of the monkeylord panned out, and was ready for mass productions. Pretty cool!

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

Jamming( and cloaking field, but its op) kinda underused: land based t3 "scout" which generates a ton of jamming/radar blips could be a fun unit for cybran (or sera, they have cloaking too) for example.
Imagine having a 10-50 unit army moving somewhere on radar to be a single stealthy/cloaked t3 scout, could create some mind-games)

@KaletheQuick I did some thinking on that, and there are a few options I considered. Set-up could be a good balance option, but doesn't feel very Aeon, since it's a pretty significant thing they don't have it. Having it be a hover tank also runs into the issue of hover is rather strong, and it could give them an unneeded edge in navy if they had a siege unit that could use it's main weapon against ships. My best thought was a unit that fills somewhat of a 'middle' ground between the harbinger and galactic colossus, since despite both being walkers they are very different, like there's a missing design step. Perhaps a heavy walker, using a similar design philosophy to the harbinger of being more expensive that it's counter-parts in return for being a stronger unit? It could out-range and out-damage the other siege bots, but have a low RoF and lack other weapons to make it shine as a siege unit.

It's a shame I have literally no idea how to do stuff with modelling else I would probably try make it myself.

Like to remind you all that this is not a suggestion thread.

9 days remain.

I'm submitting my 'MobileCloakingBomb' mod to the tourney!

Icon.png

Inferno Bug: T3 Mobile Cloaking Bomb
Can render itself invisible when stationary. Carries an extremely effective proton bomb.

i got bad news for you

.... Looks at the T2 Beetle ....

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

No worries. It works differently than the T2 one. It has no radar blip when it's cloaked but can only do so if it's not moving.

Edit: I didn't want to go overboard with my first mod so I tried smthn relatively simple^^

Trickshot.png
UEF Mobile Tactical Missile Defence: Trickshot

High command noticed an unfilled defensive niche in the mobile forces, and filled it the easy way; with one of those R2D2-looking Phalanx weapons on an apropriately re-sized APC body. Traditionally such a Phalanx not at sea is called a Centurion, but we'll keep quiet about that part.

Referred to as "Trickshot" by "the boys" due to it's ability seemingly effortlessly track and shoot missiles on the go; a feature it was literally designed for, it keeps its weapon stowed when not in use.

20201103121116_1.jpg 20201103122203_1.jpg

Hey boys, it just turned to the 19th.
This means you now have 22 hours remaining to submit the mod here if you wish to compete.
Thank you to all the people who have submitted thus far.

Sadly due to studying and things I didn't have the time in the end 😞 .

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

might the winning unit be added to the game?

Verry unlikly they will be added in to Base faf due to the nature on how much people hate that t3 Mobile Sam's were added

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

@Munt said in Unit Creation Tourney #1 (October of 2020):

might the winning unit be added to the game?

No.

Attention Aeon Commanders!
This memorandum summarizes the newest addition to our quantum compatible unit database:
The Shaman mk 1
2.jpg
The shaman is a bot that amplifies the power of shields in it's radius. Utilizing mass vapor recombination, regeneration of shields in proximity is increased 1.5x, and advanced pulse ignition removes the delay in regeneration. Though they are expensive, they are a true force multiplier.
3.jpg
Shaman are right at home in any advanced unit composition, enhancing sortie durability.
1.jpg
With widespread deployment of our superior shield technology, the Shaman can also extend the operational life of more primitive forces already fielded, immediately boosting combat effectiveness with a single deployment.

GLORY TO THE PRINCESS
LONG MAY SHE REIGN
~END OF MEMO~

Unit is available on the vault in the mod "KtQ Unit Shaman"
I had wanted to do more, but it was just not in the cards... or allotted time. Apparently there wasn't a shield regen buff built in, so that took a lot of my umph. I had also wanted to give it a chrono-damper suicide option (that costs power), since we so rarely see that ability.

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

Submits are closed. Results will appear in the next few days