Unit Creation Tourney #1 (October of 2020)

is kit bashing from existing models allowed or do we have to make it all from scratch?

Vault Admin / Creative Team / Map Guru

@MadMax said in Unit Creation Tourney #1 (October of 2020):

is kit bashing from existing models allowed or do we have to make it all from scratch?

Allowed

Is there a possibility that the deadline can be postponed? With less than a month it feels to me there is too little time for people (like me) that are unexperienced with making units to have a chance. For example, postpone it by two weeks.

edit: are there tutorials / guides on making your own units?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

I'm up for a suggestion on if someone is able to do the work but might be short on ideas to possibly post ideas at least.

Namely me to say, I know I could throw a model together, even if fairly generic, but should be detailed and possibly oriented as needed but any coding, programming, assigning and say animation would be highly limited if existent at all.

But stuck on a possible Nomads concept without just further repeat of others, which I've done but not for all.
Just another tank would be nice but the stats would seem to be the selling point at a time which if not mistaken is part to the interest.

Thanks

@Jip said in Unit Creation Tourney #1 (October of 2020):

Is there a possibility that the deadline can be postponed? With less than a month it feels to me there is too little time for people (like me) that are unexperienced with making units to have a chance. For example, postpone it by two weeks.

edit: are there tutorials / guides on making your own units?

I will post pone it for two weeks.

There is some guides to unit creation in the faf creative server resources, but as you know that area has not been properly sorted out yet.

This post is deleted!

I'm not a modeller, but just wanted to say that this is a really good idea! Can't wait to see the results 😃

Hi,
how about a mobile shield transport/truck that would produce a bigger and stronger shield? Maybe add omni or vision to it, idk. Aeon only please.

@biass I have(what I think is an incredible idea) but zero skills or ability to do it nor the time so is there anyone willing to hear my idea and if they like it then they can do it and take the credit, I just want it in game lol

edit

Since I didn't see someone put their idea I might as well put mine. How about a T3 mobile unit transport? Armored and perhaps stealth and a recon package or shield depending on the faction. Similar to the air transports it can take more lower tier units and less t3 type thing. A great way to extract an ACU in trouble too for the land players. For that matter, it could be amphibious for beachhead assaults with naval fire support. I think you get the idea. I would love to see this whole dynamic in the game and it's pretty common in our universe so it makes sense that FAF universe would have advanced this as well.

@Mvk_ look at my post below.

@biass Is the main prize 35 USD or is that a typo? Can i contribute to boost it at least up to 50 USD? I would really love to see some nice new concepts 😉

@LuciferSam it is $35 as that what I wanted to sponce for the first one of these tournaments. This is money of my own back and not FAF money 🙂

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

@LuciferSam said in Unit Creation Tourney #1 (October of 2020):

@biass Is the main prize 35 USD or is that a typo? Can i contribute to boost it at least up to 50 USD? I would really love to see some nice new concepts 😉

I think Rowey lives in the UK so it might not be USD. You are allowed to contribute to the sponsorship if you please. Do pm me.

Keep in mind fellas that this is a tourney and not a request thread. If you have an idea, now is the perfect time to learn unit creation.

Well Ive allways been asked to Do my Donations in USD Rather than GBP so it 1 uniform currencey but if you want to know $35 = £27.13 For me.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

Keeping it in USD is fine.

I'd like to submit my mod Madmax's unit mod for the tourney

Supreme Commander  Forged Alliance Screenshot 2020.10.24 - 23.38.46.93.png

Supreme Commander  Forged Alliance Screenshot 2020.10.24 - 23.38.22.33.png

Supreme Commander  Forged Alliance Screenshot 2020.10.24 - 23.38.02.47.png

Supreme Commander  Forged Alliance Screenshot 2020.10.24 - 23.36.55.21.png

Supreme Commander  Forged Alliance Screenshot 2020.10.24 - 23.36.46.54.png

Supreme Commander  Forged Alliance Screenshot 2020.10.24 - 23.26.46.62.png

This adds a T3 spider assault bot to the Cybran line up,
The idea was to make a spider unit that could attack anywhere, So it has the ability to climb up any cliff or mountain and it's amphibious to,
Balance wise it is positioned between a loyalist and brick for damage, health and build costs,

Unit Lore Arachne

Dr Brackman in his quest to create the Monkeylord and Megalith, started by first making smaller spider tanks this unit was one of his early experiments,
it had long been buried in a secret abandoned research facility on Procyon. After the infinite war the Cybrans recolonised Procyon and discovered the facility,
along with the buried and forgotten Arachne unit, the settlers quickly realising what they had found, informed the Cybran commanders of their discovery,
the commanders saw potential in the old unit, and with a few modifications and updates, it was decided to add it to the tier 3 unit line up,
what else was buried in that facility maybe more units will turn up the deeper we go.

[Edit] i forgot to mention that blocking terrain type will still block this unit

needs a name change ...... Redback

Thanks for the submission, just as an aside:

please let me know if the unit does something unique

I can see the unit might be able to walk up hills and stuff here because of the images
I might have missed it during evaluation and I rather not have to correct myself later

[EDIT]: missed the second post

Could you show how the visuals of the unit change with the change of players color?