BlackOpsFAF-Unleashed only for FAF v24

@Doompants

thank you a lot for the nice and appreciated feedback πŸ˜„

Always nice to check in once and a while and see this is still being played and somewhat maintained πŸ™‚

Love this, about to give it a spin again! For me there's no better way of playing this game

Is it possible to modify the experimental build times to align with FAF balance? It’s a little jarring with the vastly different build times of the Black Ops exps vs FAF exps.

Also attack drones on units don’t seem to be working.

steam game no??

BlackOps 6.0

UEF T4 Dreadnought - Conquest Class ATTACK no <---- Bug Fix Request

@Nari ,

hello and thanks for your feedback!
Yes, its possible to change the buildtime for experimentals.

I am short in time, but you could write down the experimentals that need to change with
the new buildtime you think that will match FAF.

Also what drones on what unit are not working ?

@fkdlao

I am sorry, but this is a FAF only version of Black Ops.
No support for Steam or BlackOps 6.0

Hey @Uveso .. Got another one. πŸ˜„ Something has recently broken BlackOps teleporting units. Most notably the T3 Aeon transports and the T3 Harassment bots. (ACU and SACU teleport still works).

Not sure if this was the recent FAF UI changes because the teleport button is there, but pressing it for these units now does nothing. The T3 Transport has a 5000 energy cost requirement. If that is not met the 'insufficient energy' error message appears, but if it IS met, the transport does nothing and defaults to finding a spot to land.

Replay doesn't really show anything, but I can make one if you want. Easy to replicate if you just cheat in a couple of each unit. Thx Sir!

We added some conditions to teleportation to prevent glitches:

Those likely broke* the mod.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Hey @Uveso . Hate me yet? lol

I don't know if this is under BlackOps or BlackOps ACU... But years ago there was a problem with Cybran ACU that the maser wouldn't function properly if the ACU got in a transport. That has since been fixed in Vanilla FAF (tested to make sure it wasn't reintroduced)

With BlackOps, that bug is still present. If the Cybran ACU teleports, it works fine. If they enter a transport, then when they land, it fires erratically, often not firing at all for long periods of time.

Let me know if I can provide a replay, but it's pretty easy to recreate also.

[edit] made a quick cheating replay with ping notations:
https://replay.faforever.com/19035328

@doompants

why should i hate my best reporter for bugs??? πŸ˜‰

As always thanks for your report, and i will write this down to my ToDo list.
Since this has been fixed in the FAF game, it should be easy to fix in Black Ops as well.

@uveso

Well while you're penciling that 'to do' list.. πŸ˜‰

If FAF is nerfing experimental crash damage in an upcoming patch, am I right in predicting any flying experimentals that BlackOps doesn't touch (ie Soulripper, Ahwassa) will get the nerf, but ones that are modified (ie Czar) and BlackOps units (like the UEF Flying Fortress) will stay with high damage because of how mod blueprints overwrite?

If it helps to have a list, here's the ones I would think need to be updated when those values get patched:

Czar (maybe: I don't know if crash damage is in the modded BlackOps Czar blueprint)
Artemis Satellite (Aeon)
Citadel (UEF)
Gargantuan (Cybran)

πŸ‘

Well, I calculate air crash damage using a fixed formula for all units in mods.

Let's see how random these FAF changes are or if they use some mathematical calculation for all units.

They are blueprint changes to individual units.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@uveso

Did some testing to see what crash values are coming up with BlackOps (plus ACUs and EXunits) all turned on. TL;DR even some units I thought would pick up the patched values are not doing so. Only the Soulripper is doing the patched value.

Soulripper - 5000 dmg (correct)
Ahwassa - 8000 dmg (should be 7000)
Czar - Doing over 16000 dmg!! (should be 7000)

BlackOps units:
Citadel (UEF) - Doing 10,880 (Should probably be 7000)
Gargantuan (Cybran) 8000 Dmg. (Should probably be 7000)
Artemis Satellite (Aeon) - ~8000 +- 1000 (Should probably be 7000)

Sorry..I'm a newb, so I'm poking through blueprints and stuff in the hook folders, but I'm not seeing anywhere where those dmg numbers are listed.

@Doompants

i don't see where black ops is changing the aircrash damage of Ahwassa or Czar.

the citadel has 10880 damage based on the mass spent for building the unit. (48960 / 4.5 = 10880)
my formula for the calculation is:

Damage = math.round(uBP.Economy.BuildCostMass / 4.5)
DamageRadius = uBP.SelectionSizeX + uBP.SelectionSizeZ) / 2

Of course I can also use your numbers.
(do you mind to share you formula for me so i can calculate all units with it ?)

@uveso

So my SUPER scientific method was to spawn a series of T3 Land HQ (16000 HP) and use ctrl-k to drop things on them. Lol.

I don't know what has changed the Ahwassa either, but it very reliably reduced a 16000 hp factory to 8000 hp. Likewise, a 10000hp SACU portal would be left with 2000hp. I don't know much about blueprints, but I couldn't find anything from poking around in the hooks either, which is where I thought it would be, right? And I don't use any other Sim Mods that would touch any units, let alone the Ahwassa, so I don't know why it's doing 8000 instead of 7000.

Czar is the real concern though. It was killing a 16000hp Factory dead, so it's doing more than twice the 7000 damage it's supposed to be doing. I couldn't find air crash damage for it either tho.

As for what numbers to update the other BlackOps Units to -- If the balance team sees fit to reduce the Ahwassa and Czar to 7000 damage, I just figured using 7000 as the maximum for other large flying experimentals like the Citadel and the Gargantuan made sense. I don't have a fancy formula, except to bring them in line with the others.

@uveso

Ok, hold on... I'm testing a vanilla game and the Ahwassa is doing 8000 damage, not 7000, so maybe this isn't a BlackOps issue.

@Jip ? Is it possible there's an error in the patch notes, or the damage the Ahwassa got changed to?

1f238bf0-5131-4e9f-9ac5-3f9adeeb9e8b-image.png

@Doompants all air experiments crash damage was nerfed in the latest balance patch. Of Thier is a typo in patch notes le me known and I'll check them tomorrow

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

@rowey

Thx, yes I know about the crash damage nerf. That's what we're trying to troubleshoot for the BlackOps mod.

But patch notes say the Ahwassa is supposed to do 7000 damage, and as you can see from my screenshot it's been doing 8000 hitting that factory (also tested with Quantum portals). Maybe I'm missing something else about crash damage, but this is happening both with BlackOps on, and with Vanilla (BlackOps off).

https://github.com/FAForever/fa/blob/develop/units/XSA0402/XSA0402_unit.bp#L623

The crash DMG is 7000

I'll change notes accordingly

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock