BlackOpsFAF-Unleashed only for FAF v24

@Uveso After some quick testing, it does seem to work? Sort of, an experimental lambda PD couldn't block a tech 1 Tank Hunter Mobile PD from UEF.

And even the ACU or lambda bots don't do it consistently,

the Lambda blocking only 1 shot out of 10 or so, and the ACU every third shot?

But most importantly, it doesn't have any visuals, for none of them.

I quickly tried to check in code what could be wrong, and in for example BSB0001_Script.lu, on line 8 it imports seraphimunits.lua, but that file didn't exist in my install

Great work guys, love it!

@Levily2

well, i found the issue. Had to go back to october 2016.

The Lambda defence was changed by icedreamer in 2016.
First the Lambda was defending 100% of all projectiles.
After the patch it only deflect 5-30% of the projectiles depending on the unit.

This was the patch:
https://github.com/aeoncleanse/Mods/commit/a13d536ecddbd24a697ee9d7732f634b69e9892f#diff-0e3f7a0c9511aade8883d320fb0ca2d44a6b5bb93c40afd86ead5503d6ba8546

I checked the code for more errors, but the code itself is running as designed.
So there is no error, it was a balance decision to reduce the reflect rate of the Lambda field.

[edit]
The file seraphimunits.lua can be found in:
\Mods\BlackOpsFAF-ACUs\hook\lua\seraphimunits.lua
and in the original game files in :
SupCom\gamedata\lua\seraphimunits.lua
(its packed inside the lua.scd file, rename the .SCD to .ZIP and you can unpack the archive)

I use the Lambda field in my mod for my survival, and I can confirm that it does stop projectiles - albeit irregularly. Which would be consistent with a 5-30% chance to trigger.
So that part works as it should i guess.

No visuals though.

@Uveso Oh sweet, then sorry for the false report!

But yeah, i distinctly remember from back then that there were visuals for lambda?

@Levily2

it wasn't a false report; compared to 2015, the Lambda has lost 95% effectiveness in some cases.
This was an absolute correct observation.

I'll take a look at the gfx later, although I'm not a graphics expert.

Cool! You're the best πŸ™‚

I know BlackOps hasn't really been touched in a while, but we've noticed that a recent patch broke the Aeon T3 tactical missile launcher (Purifier).

The recent Game Update 3738 makes reference to "(#3946) Fix damage of child projectiles, such as Cybran tactical missiles after they split"

I'm assuming it's a related problem since the Purifiers use child projectiles too.

To Recreate:

Build Aeon Purifier in any game.
Fire purifier at enemy structures.
Purifier will strike and appear to explode, but no damage to structures.

Thanks in advance

@Uveso to what repository can I make a pull request?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

v20 (21.Aug.2022)

• added missing translation tags in tooltip.lua
  • added german translation (translation by John kobo)
  • Unit bsl0310 (Lambda Equipped Assault Bot) Added StandUpright = true,
  • Unit bsb2402 (Seraphim Quantum Rift Archway) Changed General.TechLevel from "RULEUTL_Basic" to "RULEUTL_Experimental"
  • Unit bab1302 (Hydrocarbon Power Plant) Changed General.TechLevel from "RULEUTL_Basic" to "RULEUTL_Secret"
  • Unit beb4309 (Anti-Teleport Field Tower) Changed General.TechLevel from "RULEUTL_Advanced" to "RULEUTL_Secret"
  • Unit bab2404 (Artemis Satelite Control) Changed General.TechLevel from "RULEUTL_Secret" to "RULEUTL_Experimental"
  • Unit beb1302 (Hydrocarbon Power Plant) Changed General.TechLevel from "RULEUTL_Basic" to "RULEUTL_Secret"
  • Unit brb5205 (Advanced Air Staging Facility) Fixed Display.Abilities.
  • Unit bss0401 (Experimental Dreadnought) Changed Damage for weapon (Hu Strategic Missile Defense) from 30 to 30000.
  • Unit bra0309 (T3 Air Transport) Added missing transport capacity variable (Class1Capacity = 16,)
  • Unit bsa0309 (Tech3 Air Transport) Added missing transport capacity variable (Class1Capacity = 32,)
  • Unit bra0409 (Experimental Assault Transport) Added missing transport capacity variable (Class1Capacity = 20,)
  • Unit baa0309 (T3 Air Transport) Added missing transport capacity variable (Class1Capacity = 24,)
  • Unit bab2308 (Tactical Missile Launcher) fixed no damage on AMissileSerpentineProjectile

Hey, nice! Some of us still play BlackOps all the time, so thanks for the fixes. πŸ˜„

What do the changes to RULEUTL do anyways? Is that just UI stuff, or?

EDIT: NM. I found it in the wiki, thx.

@Doompants

thanks a lot for your feedback and error report!

I play Black Ops a lot but have never seen that the Aeon T3 Tactical Missile Launcher is doing no damage.
Hopefully i fixed it right πŸ˜„

@uveso OH I guarantee you you did. I blasted the hell out of our resident Aeon player who didn't expect it to be working. That'll teach them to read the forums. Lol.

As a fun note, this getting fixed just in time to coincide with the TMD changes is interesting, because we always thought the Purifier was a little bit too hard to stop if you stacked multiples up and fired them together, but the TMD buff has made it a little more reasonable to stop multiple purifiers, so win/win.

@Doompants

thank you a lot for the nice and appreciated feedback πŸ˜„

Always nice to check in once and a while and see this is still being played and somewhat maintained πŸ™‚

Love this, about to give it a spin again! For me there's no better way of playing this game

Is it possible to modify the experimental build times to align with FAF balance? It’s a little jarring with the vastly different build times of the Black Ops exps vs FAF exps.

Also attack drones on units don’t seem to be working.

steam game no??

BlackOps 6.0

UEF T4 Dreadnought - Conquest Class ATTACK no <---- Bug Fix Request

@Nari ,

hello and thanks for your feedback!
Yes, its possible to change the buildtime for experimentals.

I am short in time, but you could write down the experimentals that need to change with
the new buildtime you think that will match FAF.

Also what drones on what unit are not working ?

@fkdlao

I am sorry, but this is a FAF only version of Black Ops.
No support for Steam or BlackOps 6.0