An era ends: Tribute to Visionik & Sheeo (Association update)

Hello everyone,

in the last week we had two major events with key persons of FAF history stepping out of the picture.

Last Sunday on the first regular general meeting of the FAF association we elected a new board. With this election Sheeo effectively steps down from running FAF business for the assocation as a president/board member and previously from the FAForever LLC after more than half a decade.

And today we finally transferred the last (but super import) asset of FAForever: the domain ownership and DNS access. As my dashboard is showing me so nicely I can tell you that Visionik took over the domain from ZePilot on 28th October 2014. For multiple years he invested a lot of time and money to keep things running while slowly stepping out of operational business.

On behalf of the FAForever association and the FAF community I'd like to say: Thank you for your engagement over such a big period of time. Without you FAForever wouldn't be what it is today.

We promise not to break it. šŸ˜‰

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice