AI-Uveso (v112) - AI mod for FAForever

Update 28.Jun.2021(v96)

• Opt: ACU-AI was evading from non combat units like massextractors.
  • For AI devs: removed marker pruning from function CleanMarkersInMASTERCHAIN for all layers.

Hello,
First of all, thank you for this brilliant AI mod.
It has breathed new life into the game for us.

Has the recent FAF patch impacted this AI much?
E.g, the Aeon seem to build A LOT of shield disruptors. Attacking forces can seem composed almost entirely of them.

Hello @Stin,

Thank you for your kind words.

The FAF patch has normally no impact to my AI.
I develop my AI on the deploy/FAFdevelop branch of the game, and test
gamepatches with my AI before they are released.

The Aeon shield disruptor is a special unit and has maybe some wrong bluprint entries.
I guess the AI gives a buildorder for shield or cloak units and gets a shield disruptor if it has the Aeon faction.

I will check that, thanks for reporting !

Any self-awareness features planned to celebrate the upcoming v100?

Oh, i never thought about the v100

Maybe its time for an easter egg 🙂

@bude132 said in AI-Uveso (v96) - AI mod for FAForever:

suicide

Depending on whether you can generate enough energy and mass (eg: multiple paragons or the like) you can add and build the mod "Experimental SquareSheilds".

Square edged LARGE shield, lots of damage absorption, and no impact damage to any shielded unit/structure.

Just catching up on release notes.
Love update version 93, Especially this change:
New: AI is now able to use gifted factories also after full share or player disconnect.
This is great for Full Share AI / Human games
where the AI will Now control the gifted bases the same as the Human players.
Gotta close that gap 😉

@Fearghal

Thaks for your reply

I don't know if i posted this, but the sharing also works for mobile units.
In case the AI gets units from a player that are outside every location manager, it will move those units
to the neearest base so they can be reassigned to the manager.

Is there a way to get an older version? In the new version, the AI keeps sending his ACU near my base.

@ropi Hi Ropi, Yea the attacking leader's are "fun". Depending on game settings and plugins (example all factions mod) the AI might send one or more ACU units as portable nukes into your base 😉

Update 05.Oct.2021(v97)

• Fix: fixed movement in ACU platoon where support units are blocked by terrain
  • Fix: fixed a bug where lost factories where reassigned to new managers
  • Fix: experimentals should no longer join the ACU platoon as support unit
  • Fix: renamed "CDR Attack" platoon to prevent conflicts with hooked builders
  • Opt: reduced ACU targeting intervall (from 100 to 700 miliseconds)
  • Opt: added builder to upgrade the first T1 land factory when we have more than 2 tech2 massextractors
  • Opt: removed gamepatches that are already released
  • Opt: removed unused functions

Update 10.Oct.2021(v98)

• Fix: compatibility patch for insignificant units test. (needed, If you play FAFdevelop)

@uveso said in AI-Uveso (v98) - AI mod for FAForever:

Update 10.Oct.2021(v98)

• Fix: compatibility patch for insignificant units test. (needed, If you play FAFdevelop)

Got any plans for v100? Strippers and/or booze?

Yes, in version 100 i implement some code to set the AI free.
Hopefully it will dominate the world without killing all humans 🙂

@gladry AI being suicidal is "fun"? Basically, I need to play Supremacy or Annihilation so the game won't end in 7min. Anyway, I take your reply as a "No" to my question.

@Ropi

you can always download any earlier version from the FAF Vault.

This is the download link for the actual version v98
https://content.faforever.com/mods/ai-uveso.v0098.zip

Now, if you want to download version 97 then use
https://content.faforever.com/mods/ai-uveso.v0097.zip

For me it would be more helpful if you could describe why and how the commander commit suicide.
So we can make a better ACU fight fuction.

In case you want a quick solution and you play singleplayer then you can just change
a line in my mod to prevent the commander to attack and suicide to much.

In my mod the commander has a braveness factor. In case the braveness is positive it will attack and
redraw with negative braveness.

Just find this codeline in my mod in your mod folder and change the number from 0 to maybe -10
https://github.com/Uveso/AI-Uveso/blob/master/hook/lua/platoon.lua#L3164
(there you can also see how the ACU function is detecting threat)

This way the commander starts with a negative braveness and will redraw way earlier.
You can also set it to -30 and the ACU will stay in base.

Also if you see that the ACU is under attack and don't react to it, make a screenshot or vid and post it here.
This way the ACU function can get smarter over time.

@Uveso
Where can I download AI-Uveso version 91?
For Mod NutCraker AI i need v91

@MAHUNDR ,

you only need to change the V0091 in the URL to any version you want:
https://content.faforever.com/mods/ai-uveso.v0091.zip

Are you sure you need version v91 ?
I tested right now the Nutcracker AI - fixed from the vault and its running with the last Uveso AI v98

Sorry for question. Is there any way to make AI works with T4 shield mods? I tries lots of T4 shield mods, and AI dont build any of this. With Total Mayhem and Black Ops game ends up too fast even for overwhelm AI, and as modding noob i cant figure, what should i do to help AI understand how to build/upgrade shields from side mods. Can you help with any info or manual please?

There's no way to do so on your end. It would require additional AI code to understand and use the new units.