AI-Uveso (v112) - AI mod for FAForever

@swaaye said in AI-Uveso (v108) - AI mod for FAForever:

Has anyone noticed that the civilians won't attack the Uveso AI? I think this is new behavior though I don't know what may have caused it.

No, i did not noticed this, and there is no code/function for civilians in the AI-uveso mod.
We will take a look at it. Thanks for reporting!

On some naval maps the AI just builds T1 subs until it hits unit cap. This is especially true if there's a section of water where the subs are trapped. Is there any way to avoid this? In this game 30% of unit cap is taken by T1 subs at 25 minutes: https://imgur.com/W5Ytb01.

Also, does disabling nukes prevent the AI from working properly? I posted a year or so back and you fixed it. Recently it seems like disabling nukes makes the AI stop building most experimentals. UEF seems most affected by this change. Aeon plays normally with nukes off.

@bsee

Thank you for your report again!

I'm very busy at the moment but I've put it on my todo list.

not sure why so many subs are build, normaly the builder should not overbuild.
I guess i forgot to add a buildcondition to check for enemies.

And yes, the AI needs to have nuke/antinuke to continue with higher tier units like experimentals.
I will have a look at it and see if i can use a different build logic without nukes.

@uveso

In a similar vein to the sub glitch, I've had several games where a tight match is thrown by the AI building absolutely nothing but T2 AA units. Hundreds of them.

@tankmayvin

Thanks for reporting.
This should be fixed in the next version.

Is it possible this mod prevents the score screen from showing for all players at the end of the game? We played a couple very short games to narrow down the issue. With AI Uveso only one player gets the score (usually the host). Without the mod all players get the score. This has been an issue for a long time, but only just now narrowed it down to this mod.

No mods: https://replay.faforever.com/18954136 - Everyone got the score
AI Uveso: https://replay.faforever.com/18954020 - Host got the score

@bsee

Thanks for reporting!

i will check and fix it. 🙂

@bsee

i guess i found the bug, it should be fixed in v109 (release maybe next weekend)

@uveso I looked at the problem with the civilians not attacking the AI again and it does seem to be specific to the Uveso AI. I disabled all other mods and tried a couple maps with civilians. Purely default FAF with just Sorian AI has the civilians attacking everyone correctly. Adding the Uveso AI mod and Uveso AI does not get attacked.

@swaaye said in AI-Uveso (v108) - AI mod for FAForever:

@uveso I looked at the problem with the civilians not attacking the AI again and it does seem to be specific to the Uveso AI. I disabled all other mods and tried a couple maps with civilians. Purely default FAF with just Sorian AI has the civilians attacking everyone correctly. Adding the Uveso AI mod and Uveso AI does not get attacked.

well that is strange.
First thing I can say, I don't have any special function in my AI to deal with civilians.
Will get into it and see what happens there.

Thanks for reporting the issue!

@swaaye
found the bug why civilians are not attacking the units from uveso AI.

will be fixed in version 109.

Update 27.Feb.2023(v110)

• Opt: added ghost map for units that are under the fog of war

Update 17.Feb.2023(v109) (only released for developers)

• Fix: added missing threat values for hover movement layer in target manager
  • Fix: removed CanPathToCurrentEnemy function that requires a navigation mesh.
  • Fix: UnitUpgradeTemplates are now a subtable from UpgradeTemplates
  • Fix: StructureUpgradeTemplates are now a subtable from UpgradeTemplates
  • Fix: fixed a bug that prevented the score screen from showing
  • Fix: Pathing function was missing map threat
  • Fix: OnDefeat function updated to the latest FAF version
  • Fix: added missing baseLayer to AddBuilderManagers hook
  • Fix: Fixed a bug where civilians would not attack AI units
  • Opt: increased speed of pathing function.
  • Opt: scout will now check for already scouted areas
  • Opt: engineer will now use the hover instead of the amhibious layer for pathing
  • Opt: removed temporary map-path table from marker generator
  • Opt: naval factories should no longer overbuild units
  • Opt: AI should no longer build to much sonar
  • Opt: platoons are now using the target manager more often

@Uveso Here's a log from a recent game I played. If you've got the time can you see if the error was in the AI or something else. The other mods enabled were Brewlan, Extreme Wars, the BlackOps mods, and Total Mayhem. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled both FAF client and the game on steam along with running the sfc /scannow CMD prompt. game_19408063.log

@UEFf0rever

there are 2 errors in your log:

warning: SND: Error playing cue 1 on bank 48 [ursstream]
         XACT: Invalid arg

This sound error will cause gamecrashes, please fix!

* AI-Uveso: AIExecuteBuildStructure: All checks passed, forcing enginner TECH1 AEON sal0119 to build TECH1 T1Resource uab1103

This is a warning and tells us that unit sal0119 has no build templates and the AI does not know how to handle this engineer.
It is also possible that unit sal0119 is incorrectly configured as an engineer with no ability to build structures.

At least we should check the unit sal0119 and check why its causing this error.
don't know what mod this is from - maybe a BrewLan unit.

For now, i would suggest you fix first the sound problem,
then we can continue to check / fix the engineer issue.

here is some help to configure you sound system:
https://forum.faforever.com/topic/796/i-can-t-hear-some-of-the-audio-or-other-sound-issue-what-should-i-do

Your configuration is correct if you no longer have XACT: Invalid arg errors in your log.

Hi there!

First of all thanks for the amazing work. I wanted to ask are there any specific circumstances where the AI half way through the game after a few tech 2 unitsProduced. Stops producing them and ONLY pours out t1 spam? Is there something I need to do or install?

Since last update, Uveso (and Swarm) no longer work for me. Did update break something for all or only for my install ? I tried reinstalling AI but its still same. Commander just stands still and doesn't move.

Update 11.Jul.2023(v111)

• Fix: fixed some issues with the new FAF game version
    (Thanks to Relentor for providing this fix)

Update 23.Aug.2023(v112)

• Fix: fixed an error in unit upgrade function
  • Fix: added unit templates to upgrade support factories

Hey @Uveso , I've been having crashes when running only AI-Uveso alone with no other mods. As well, when I seperately run total mayhem without AI-Uveso (Because Uveso crashes), there is no icon support. I have downloaded both mods through FAF vault. I also got a notification each time saying "failed to save dump file to... (temp directory)"

@strutman12345

can you provide me a game.log?