AI-Uveso (v112) - AI mod for FAForever

@Gladry:
i have installed the mod and can confirm the destruction.
i will do a check later, maybe i find something.

Was playing on some maps, with initial launch area space restrictions, and your AI was creating Crazy numbers of T1 anti-air mobile units. These units were blocking all of your spaces between buildings and paths out of your initial launch area.

Also even after 20 minutes it was still keeping dozens perhaps 50+ T1 anti-air mobile units. Still blocking engineer and other unit movements in your base.

For base defense, does your AI evaluate static A defenses vs static B defenses (Ie different mods) vs mobile units?
Example:
build time + energy/mass cost and DPS + range of xx mobile tanks vs
BT +E/M and DPS + range of yy turrets?

Direct fire vs ballistic units (that can fire over blocking terrain)?

Hey @Uveso

It seems I am having trouble using with Nomads. Is this a known incompatibility? Upon ACU drop-in (when playing as Nomads), the mass and energy seem to go nuts. Along with this, the commander starts out with the t3 build suite and it does not produce a crash or any error. This only occurs when Uveso is active, even if there are no AI's in the match. This does not happen when playing as any other faction. It is the only mod active. Nomads works fine when no mods are active. Tried this on multiplayer with a friend and there is an immediate desync. He also has this issue in solo games as well. Any help would be appreciated since I love both the uveso AI and nomads for high cheat level challenges.

Thanks! If you need logs, let me know.

@Gladry
Do you mean the no rush option ?
My AI has special builders for the no Rush Option, maybe i missconfigured the AA builders.
I will check this.

@ctrlaltdelete
AI version 92 was more or less for debugging, and i did not check the functionality with Nomads.
I will test nomads for the next AI version and fix it.
(since i also can patch the Nomads mod it will run in every case even if the problem is inside Nomads)

Thanks for reporting !!!

@Uveso said in AI-Uveso (v92) - AI mod for FAForever:

@Gladry
Do you mean the no rush option ?
My AI has special builders for the no Rush Option, maybe i missconfigured the AA builders.
I will check this.

Question #1: T1 AA mobile units

• In this game no-rush was not turned on - I assume the answer is about this, in any case no-rush was not on for either question.
  • T1 AA mobile were still being built at 18 minutes in, I know as I allied with an Ai-Uveso player and reclaimed (killed) 20+ T1 AAs to remove them - more were built

Question #2: Base planning

• If a ground turret costs as much to build as 4 T1 tanks, and 4 tanks combined do 10% more damage build faster in 80% of the time - it makes sense to build the tanks instead.
  • However if someone added a mod which changed the range or DPS, build time, or build cost of the fixed turret, turret would probably be better - especially if range is significantly farther.
  • Code might check for this. AI designer might presume tanks or mobile light artillery are go-to solutions, or make comparison code

Question #3: DPS calculation

• In your function CalculatedDPS(weapon)
  • your comment states "--Game logic rounds the timings to the nearest tick -- math.max(0.1, 1 / (weapon.RateOfFire or 1)) for unrounded values"
  • You use the calculation of actual rate of fire which I have seen mentioned elsewhere, but in no cases have I seen, when mentioned, round up or round down. I don't know for certain (you probably do) if it rounds up or rounds down.
  • Will effective rate of 1/rate = 1.66666 end up being 1.7 or 1.6. Rounding up by 0.5, as your code does, will make it 1.7 which of course is slower . 17 game ticks being more than 16 ticks.
  • Do you or others know where the FAF lua code that actually decides? I can see if the game code puts the 1/rate value into a variable, and every tick subtracts 0.10 from the value until it is <= 0, that would effectively be rounding up.

@ctrlaltdelete
please update Nomads, a patch for the error was already released in Nomads 6 days ago:
https://github.com/FAForever/nomads/pull/626

@Gladry
T1 AA mobile units:
I will reduce the amount of mobile AA in the next update.

Base planning:
My AI is meant to be played with unit mods like Total Mayhem. Thats why i have builder for pointdefenses.
Sadly you can't determine the cost of a unit before you build it.
The AI will assign a buildtask to an engineer and only the engineer will know how much the unit costs.

DPS calculation:
The game does not have any DPS calculation in LUA, it's all calculated hidden inside the c-engine.
we only try to mimic the c-eninge with LUA functions. (it is not always accurate)

@Uveso

if bp.Economy then
      if bp.Economy.BuildCostEnergy and bp.Economy.BuildCostMass 
end

if bp.Economy.BuildTime then
       bp.Economy.BuildTime = 
end

@Gladry

I am sorry i don't know what you want to tell me with this code snippet

Its not a part of the code we talked about, enhancements don't have a Economy sub table.

Also you don't need to ask for if bp.Economy then when you need to know if bp.Economy.BuildCostEnergy exists.
Just call directly if bp.Economy.BuildCostEnergy. it will return false if bp.Economy is missing.

@Uveso
I appreciate the response. I thought Nomads was always up to date through the patching mechanism? I am running the most recent version of FAF and it still produces the same result. Is there a way to check to make sure I am running the most recent version of nomads?

Thanks!

@ctrlaltdelete :

Good question; i always use the develop version of nomads downloaded from Git-Hub:
https://github.com/FAForever/nomads

I thought it is the same version that you can play through the FAF client.
Its both printing version 98 to the log, but the client version has still this error.

@Uveso
Hi! Encountered the same problem as ctrlaltdelete, and as I am not that techsavy, wanted to ask how should I update nomads to fix this problem?
P.S. Really like your AI, it wrecked me and my friends good, was fun expirience! Thank you for providing that!

In case you missed it on discord @Uveso

Seraphim Experimental Bomber likes to gift itself as a mass donation. It does this via a ctrl+k. It does this before dropping any bombs. I have seen this multiple times.

https://youtu.be/oBbjImRz6jA

@plasia

Yes this bomber was driven by a suicide platoon. it was meant to just destoy itself.

This was the corresponding platoon former:
https://github.com/Uveso/AI-Uveso/blob/master/lua/AI/AIBuilders/Mobile Experimental-Air.lua#L431

Its driven by this function (AirSuicideAI):
https://github.com/Uveso/AI-Uveso/blob/master/hook/lua/platoon.lua#L2518

The suicide platoon was searching for Economic buildings.
That's why he destroyed the first Tech3 energy building closest to the AI's base.

Maybe a bad decision to do it with a suicide attack, but not a bug 🙂

I'm not trying to be rude, but follow along here:

If my teammate got up an experimental and just suicided it into something like an energy building I would be.... most upset.

It's simply a mass donation. "Oh no! not my T3 reactor, that will inconvenience me for a whole minute!" Then I profit from all that mass dropped on my front door.

Suiciding into energy... is just silly. Suiciding into something that matters, like a SMD... that makes sense.

Hey Plasia,

i am a german, and i like direct and honest answers!

You are absolutly right, its a total waste of mass and fight power.

And its already fixed!
The new target priorities for suicide platoons are:

categories.STRUCTURE * categories.EXPERIMENTAL * categories.ECONOMIC,
                categories.STRUCTURE * categories.EXPERIMENTAL * categories.SHIELD,
                categories.STRUCTURE * categories.EXPERIMENTAL * categories.ARTILLERY,
                categories.STRUCTURE * categories.TECH3 * categories.ARTILLERY,
                categories.STRUCTURE * categories.TECH3 * categories.NUKE,

Comming soon:

Advanced ACU attack function
https://youtu.be/LvLNFyNk3kg (5 minutes)

Amost 90% of the function is finished.
I guess i will be able to make an mod update in the next 14 days.

😄

@uveso said in AI-Uveso (v92) - AI mod for FAForever:

Hey Plasia,

i am a german, and i like direct and honest answers!

You are absolutly right, its a total waste of mass and fight power.

And its already fixed!
The new target priorities for suicide platoons are:

categories.STRUCTURE * categories.EXPERIMENTAL * categories.ECONOMIC,
                categories.STRUCTURE * categories.EXPERIMENTAL * categories.SHIELD,
                categories.STRUCTURE * categories.EXPERIMENTAL * categories.ARTILLERY,
                categories.STRUCTURE * categories.TECH3 * categories.ARTILLERY,
                categories.STRUCTURE * categories.TECH3 * categories.NUKE,

Update31.May.2021(v93)

• New: Added advanced ACU fight function. Microing, threat management, proper overcharge targets.
  • New: AI is now able to use gifted factories also after full share or player disconnect.
  • New: Adding "DoNotAllowMarkerGenerator = true," to the map scenario file will block autogenerating markers.
  • Opt: Added builder for an early energy storage to enable ACU overcharge
  • Fix: Hardcaped the amount of mobile AA that can be build per location
  • Fix: Fixed a bug inside the AI-Marker generator (thanks to chp2001)
  • Fix: Ecomanager will no longer pause the build of Tech1 factories.
  • Opt: Decreased the massextractor upgrade ratio for Sub AI Storm
  • Opt: 2nd factory now needs at least 2 mex and 4 energy buildings to be build.
  • Opt: Air Suicide Platoons no longer attack none game ender buildings.
  • Opt: Panic Builders are now also building tanks and bots, not only arties.
  • Opt: ACU will now assist engineers (energyproduction and factories)
  • Opt: Aeon ACU is now first enhancing with CrysalisBeam, not HeatSink.
  • Opt: Optimized AI marker generator. (fixed issue with Open Palms)
  • Opt: Added a value to the AI-Marker to identify related layer areas (.GraphArea)

The AI is not doing anything on some maps ex. Twin Rivers, can we get list of maps that AI should be working on?

Analyze, Adapt, Overcome...

@HintHunter

My AI is working on almost every map.
It has a build in AI waipoint generator so you also can play maps without any AI markers.

I tested Twin Rivers right now, and its working like expected.

Can you post a full game.log ?