AI-Uveso (v100) - AI mod for FAForever

@uveso Yes, my friend and I just did a 2 v 2 versus an AIx-Swarm (Eternal) and an AIx-Uveso (Adaptive). Both mods worked perfectly! I got rushed by the Eternal and lost. 10/10

Does AI-Uveso currently work with Total Mayhem and the BlackOps mods? For the last 3-6 months only the Aeon AI plays well. Aeon builds plenty T4 of all types). UEF builds almost no T4 land. Very rarely I'll see them build a single Fatboy. It's definitely not a mass issue. This has been repeated across many games.

@bsee

Thanks for reporting this.
I am not aware of any faction related bugs.

in case you have played online can you provide me a replay ID where this happened ?

https://replay.faforever.com/16710956
Total Mayhem & Blackops enabled. Cybran plays normal. UEF only builds T4 structures. We disabled teleporting, nukes, satellite, and a couple more. I can find more replays if needed.

@bsee

Thaks a lot!

Well yes, the AIs can have wheird behaviors when you disable single units.

On the UEF side unit xeb2402 is always forced to build first. (Experimental Satellite System)
With no Satellite the UEF will not build the fatboy (or other category 3+ experimentals).

Also having the nuclear repulsor shields mod on and blocking the city and metro shield is also not advised.
They have a buildpriority of 12000 and 13000. Most builders have a priority of 1000 or less.
So in case the platoonformer selects a new building it will always select the shiled platoon first, but
can't start build because they are restricted.
The problem is, if the mod finds the village shields then its clear you can build shilds.
Restricting the upgrade will not be recognized by the mod.

@uveso I've played a few more games and the AI definitely plays better with all units enabled. Enabling nukes seems to make them smarter too. We've been able to disable cybran metropolis shields and have Cybran still play well. However, UEF seems to need everything enabled.

Would it be possible for the AI to know if city/metropolis shields are disabled?

Other odd quirks:

• Cybran drives the experimental artillery into my base.
  • Nuke subs don't launch nukes?
  • AI builds way too many stellarators. This makes their base very explosive.
  • Sometimes UEF builds satellites and never moves them.
  • I've never seen the ai build the experimental nuke. Not sure if this is a uveso-ai problem. Sorian doesn't seem to build it either.

@bsee

thanks for the great feedback!

i try to fix some of the issues with v100

Update 27.Apr.2022(v100)

• New: ACU will now evade from nuke blast area
  • Fix: nukes fired after 35 minutes, not respecting option for gameender
  • Fix: excluded URL0401 (Exp. Mobile Rapid-Fire Artillery) from mobile platoons
  • Fix: fixed a bug in T4 Artillery platoon that was not building Seraphim T4 Nuke
  • Opt: decrease braveness of ACU in case an experimental or T3 units are detected
  • Opt: decrease braveness of ACU for enemy air units
  • Opt: increase detection range of pointdefenses by 10
  • Opt: increase threatweight for low tech enemy land units
  • Opt: changed targets for land experimentals

We've been playing with that update for a while. The AI is much smarter and harder now. Great update. Thanks! The game has slowed down significantly, but I think that's just the AI building a much larger army.

@bsee

thanks for the feedback!

the new version is already finished and will be released this or next week.
Should be a bit better in performance and has some significant enhancements.