Rating Calculation Questions

There have been situations of some dude farming up to like 2100 rating or so just from having like a 100% win rate against his two friends that are horrible. Good old TuxedoSam.

1500 is the expected median, if you have some artificial environment where it consists of like 4 dudes, even if they are like 200, 300, 600, and 1000 in the general FAF ecosystem if they purely play each other in custom games they could be grossly different.

Yes but that's playing against and not with, sounds like they're always on the same team

@ftxcommando well it's 4v4 matchmaker so 1v1-ing him wont fix it. And playing 10 4v4 games to troll other people and drop his rating, is a lot of time time invested for something not fun for anyone. Also if he lost 10 games he would drop 81 points given he looses 9 points a loss.

@exselsior getting 900 rated player to 1400 in global by casually playing 4v4 matchmaker for 1,5 months seems broken enough for me.

I mean he's probably better than 900 by now anyway, with barely 100 games played I'd hope he's still improving at least a small amount day over day especially since with what you're saying he's constantly playing vs people better than 900s. You're still missing the general point here though, and that's that the rating system isn't and shouldn't be designed to handle this scenario. Get him to play 4v4 tmm by himself if this is such an issue for you, and if you guys only ever plan on playing 4v4 tmm together and nothing else, who cares? Your team's overall rating will be accurate and that's what matters at the end of the day.

It's intentional that your matchmaker rating transfers to global. It will stop once it reaches 1400.

@exselsior he wasn't 900 to begin with, he was a "0", learning the game as we went. I estimate his skill is at 900 now with how he performs. So 900 is his peak not starting point. All the 100 games in the 4v4 matchmaker with us, is all his games ever on FAF.

@exselsior said in Rating Calculation Questions:

Hey @Deribus I think @Freedom_'s post actually is on topic for the thread it was moved from

Whoopsie, moved it back, ty