Could Enhanced Campaign AI mod work in FAF?

I wanted to try the Enhanced Campaign AI but the version on the mod vault doesn't appear in the lobby after downloading it. Would it be possible to get the manual download off of Mod DB to work with FAF? Just dropping the unzipped folder with the other mods does not work either.

Why do you want/need this mod? Does it actually make the campaign better? As I understand it, FAF already redesigned the campaign missions to tweak the difficulty level.

And why would it even matter if there is a mod that makes the campaign more interesting? The campaign is only intended as a stepping-stool to playing with people. It's not supposed to be fun or interesting.

You should eventually come to hate the campaign and find it boring, then you can play with people. If you don't want to play against people, play a custom game against AIs, like 4 humans vs. 4 AIs.

@arma473 I very clearly said in the first sentence I just wanted to try it, all I wanted to do was try something new.

It doesn't matter, I simply was asking a question to see if someone with modding knowledge knew.

@arma473 said in Could Enhanced Campaign AI mod work in FAF?:

The campaign is only intended as a stepping-stool to playing with people. It's not supposed to be fun or interesting.
You should eventually come to hate the campaign and find it boring, then you can play with people.

Chris Taylor intended the game to be fun, they made a campaign for people to play, if that's not your thing then more power to you, you aren't forced to play it, but chastising others for playing and enjoying a part of the game is just dumb.

It's not compatible

@arma473 that part about coming to hate the campaign is straight up wrong. Ive spend hours and hours trying to get time records on hard difficulties and i play normal faf games all the time. @Exselsior is 1800 and still enjoyed playing them over and over again. If u don't like it, don't play it. But don't come in here saying no one can like it.

Can confirm campaign is still fun on occasion after thousands of pvp games played and having play supcom on and off since release. God knows how many times I’ve played certain campaign missions for fun.

But yeah, unfortunately this particular mod isn’t compatible like speed2 said.

Curious to know what your after from the mod here Rogue_Price. Are you interested in improved enemy AI (harder? smarter?) or improved supporting AI (the ones that assist you etc).

Yes, @Rogue_Price what are you looking for here? I probably wouldn't be much help in this regard but if you tell us what you're wanting maybe someone else in the community would have an alternative solution since this particular mod doesn't work

@relentless said in Could Enhanced Campaign AI mod work in FAF?:

Curious to know what your after from the mod here Rogue_Price. Are you interested in improved enemy AI (harder? smarter?) or improved supporting AI (the ones that assist you etc).

@exselsior said in Could Enhanced Campaign AI mod work in FAF?:

Yes, @Rogue_Price what are you looking for here? I probably wouldn't be much help in this regard but if you tell us what you're wanting maybe someone else in the community would have an alternative solution since this particular mod doesn't work

FAF is plenty good with the difficulty, The mod made some changes to the AI Allies during the campaign to make them more useful. Really it just looked like an interesting different take on the campaign and I was simply curious if it was compatible with FAF.

Some more thoughts on it from the old forums https://forums.faforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=18799#p182273

Thanks for the historical info there speed, didn't know so much thought had gone into it.

Random question Speed, did you disable the campaign ACU combat logic for FAF? (its called CDROverchargeBehavior referencing the OpBehaviors.lua file with a note about issues it was causing with the engineer manager).

In the vanilla missions I've remade, yes.
It was never part of FA campaign.
But I've enabled FAF's auto OC feature on the ACUs. Which does resonably good job.

Ah yup cool. I'd never looked at campaign AI before so was quite a fascinating exercise in how it compares to the skirmish.