[Discontinued] Ethereal FAF Client 1.0

@eternal the issue is that the news on the actual News hub is Order in a spesifc ways in priority so when we have a hero post wich need to get across to more people that it the more important news article their no way to tell this on your and their not in the same order of posing from the new-hub page. as well as the fact we work on a weekly scheduled so having lots of the old news in their is fine but should not be as front and center as the new news for that week that were trying to get people to look at.

EG mined the quick number squiggles. each news post is weighted to the most important and to the lest important on the news-hub. the way your importing it the first news item to load would be 600 weights when the 1000 weights is the more important one.
1ce5534a-87e5-4497-be17-af2af274ddb8-image.png

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

@rowey i took less API data as i can. I will look into these values on API for next release

@eternal said in ★ Ethereal FAF Client Highlights ★:

@rowey i took less API data as i can. I will look into these values on API for next release

I dont know what is inclide on the api data but as you can see below is where we sent the position of the article to show
08f9bb19-c684-414b-86d6-e8110f73040f-image.png

@eternal Nice all news articles will have a value thier

Lets back to what we used to xD

https://github.com/Eternal-ll/Ethereal-FAF-Client/releases/tag/v0.4-beta

Changelog:

1. IRC chat architecture rework
    1.1. Fixed UI lag
    1.2. Fixed chat bugs
    1.3. Added list of channels
    1.4. Reworked new channel input
    1.5. Suggestion box now with player data
  2. Fixed link buttons (not working)

If you encounter bug where is shown only IRC users, that means that IRC users loaded faster that lobby players instances. To fix that press refresh button (pic. 3)

test.gif

24ea2790-0d06-41be-a530-f9e71b9db812-image.png

First time i got an error that disconnected me from server... And my code that was written without tests worked perfectly! Reconnected in few seconds. I got an error on first reconnect because my token was not valid. But was fixed by second authorization attempt. Also there is options to restart UI client without turning off the whole application (it will be not closed in process, special background services will work, UI client will be restarted). And an option to restart the whole application.

3e2ef7f7-36df-4c01-bb58-b412a478db3e-image.png

For next release

bf7575eb-a5ca-4266-a525-f22595bb44b2-image.png

v0.5-beta

Changelog:

1. Added profile page
    1.1. Added friends/foes list with ability to remove them
    1.2 Added btn to remove friend/foe
    1.3 Added context menu to remove friend/foe
  2. Fixed friends/foes not shown after authorization
  3. Fixed maps [ranked] is bugged
  4. Hidden maps is now fully hidden 😞
  5. Fixed suggestion box in chat

UPD. Fixes, reuploaded
https://github.com/Eternal-ll/Ethereal-FAF-Client/releases/tag/v0.5-beta-fixes

badass technologies. Infinity scroll

More UI interactive

Hey @Eternal , Does this run in Linux natively? C# is cross-platform now so here's hoping.

@eezyville sadly it does not, i was working with him on troubleshooting it but i went on to work on other stuff for a while. Ill update u if i ever do anything more with it.

@spikeynoob I know some C#. I've been getting my ass kicked looking for a job so my confidence is -9000. I think I'll fork the project and try to recreate his work in AvaloniaUI. It will help me understand whats going on. BTW I love watching you're games.