Increase units count

Sheesh why does mine only have option for 1000 max???

are you playing the game via steam ?

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

@rowey yes

@iamscope You are not playing FAF but vanilla supcom/fa—start at least a game from the faf launcher in order to download the needed files, then you'll be able to launch it offline from C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe

This post is deleted!

WOW That was a huge update to my knowledge. I would, if it was up to me, post this as a unavoidable sticky in the forum header for the noobs.

@iamscope you should also take a look at the LOUD AI project

It's similar to FAF (it's a free client for FA) but it's optimized for playing big games against AI with lots of new experimentals and such

I'm not interested in that kind of thing any more so I only play FAF

Of course you also are welcome to use FAF. If you want to play against AI, you should consider hosting a game with human teammates. FAF is better when you play with other people, that's true even if you just want a long slow game against AIs.

@arma473 Yeah do you mean CO-OP? I am down with that.
I have downloaded LOUD, pretty good.

@iamscope I'm not talking about co-op, but that's also a way to play with other people.

You can host your own custom game (under "Play" -> "Custom Games"). As the host, you can pick the map. You can also close slots. And you can put AIs into slots. This is basically the same as a "skirmish" game, but you can have human teammates.

You are also allowed to add AI teammates. But, in my experience, it's a lot more fun to have human teammates. That's the main reason to play online.

You can scale up the difficulty if necessary by making 1 or 2 of the enemies into AIx (cheating versions of the AI). You can use the options in FAF to set the cheat multiplier. 2.0x is very strong, especially on big maps. But if you bring the cheat multiplier down to 1.1x, you probably wouldn't even notice the difference. So you can try to find the right multiplier so that there is a challenge for each of your players.

It's a good idea to give your lobby a name like "vs AI" so that people know what it is. Most lobbies are human vs human. you want to make it easy for people to find your lobby.

@iamscope

Through the FAF client you can download additional mods (4x unit cap) to allow up to 6000 units per player.

Though, the amount of processing required means that your computer may die before the enemy.

After reading this thread, I decided to make a 'No Unit Cap' mod (that is now on FAF's vault) that allows everyone to ignore the unit cap and make as many units as they want their computers and the game can handle (an extreme amount of units can make the game more likely to lag/crash).

pfp credit to gieb

@emperor_penguin WOW! That is amazing. It works! Mega deal bro thanks a lot.

@derpfaf Unfortunately those didn't work anymore.

@emperor_penguin said in Increase units count:

After reading this thread, I decided to make a 'No Unit Cap' mod (that is now on FAF's vault)

Absolute chad response.

Shall I next make a thread about getting a Quantum gate teleport "Stand alone" mod for FAF? 🙂