👑THE KING of Seton's Clutch 2v2 66,6$ U4500

@whendaybreaks Nomads' t1 air transports are almost as fast, and their t2 transports are faster than inties? That sounds, uh, not good for a map like setons, especially if only one team can use them.

Are nomads drops actually as hard to catch as I would assume form those numbers?

@xayo said in 👑THE KING of Seton's Clutch 2v2 66,6$ U4500:

"The King of Dualgap", no one fucking cared.
"The King of Setons", the community goes raaarg.

fucking hilarious scrolling through these comments.

@Lenkin don't be discouraged by all the hate. I really like the format you chose. Taking a more creative and fun spin on the usual tournament settings is great. The 2v2 format on very popular team maps and the small but not insignificant prize pool match it well.

If anything I feel like a 4500 rating cap is still on the generous side. Was there a single team in the dual gap tournament that was above 4.5k total? This could easily be reduced by another couple hundred points.

Hate seems strong choice of wording here as I think it is simply the community honoring an age-old tradition of use. No one is upset with Lenkin for creating the tourney but more think that he should change it to have an original title since it conflicts so heavily with what is known.

This is not as bad as hosting a "4v4 Legend of the Stars Canis River" but it falls in line with the "wait, why not just call it "Lords of the Canis River 4v4" or something original?

I will agree, though, Nomads is no longer getting any official support and its balance with the other 4, main factions has quite a bit of issues.

Hope the tourney turns out well, otherwise.

Аll I'm trying to do is create a fun tournament that players will sign up for and be very interesting to watch. I made this name to attract more attention, people love this kind of wording. It is very difficult to collect 4v4 tournament, because there are problems with it. Firstly, there will be one team that is too strong, which will simply win everyone with one heel of the left foot. Secondly, many teams will not be able to come with the whole squad, because there is simply little responsibility, and it can easily let the team down, thirdly, there are simply not enough people to assemble many worthy teams of 4 people. Maybe you yourself will already allocate money for some classic team tournament, and not for endless 1v1 tournaments with the most boring finals with 100000000000000 units in each game. You call a seton a holy place, but at the same time, even on a dual gap, I encounter less toxicity. Why do many setons allow themselves to ctrl+k their entire base with a full share and still not get banned? Are Seton players also saints? Can't they be banned? I have also experienced toxicity several times when I win a game too quickly or in a "dishonest" way on a seton and hear that I am a dual gap player. This is funny. To call some kind of tactics in military strategy dishonest, while blowing up your base, substituting allied players. Absurd. Let's just play for fun, and not make up reasons why this tournament can't take place. I already changed all the rules of the tournament because of your claims.
I'll hint again. Check out the most popular faf casts on youtube. It's not 1v1, it's a team game. Make some big classic global tournament and not 1vs1.

Nothing of your arguments really touched the reasons why this tourney shouldn't have the king of setons title. Besides Morax as the player councilor and responsible for FAF tournaments overall explained it, you can host the tourney with another name and nobody has an issue with it. It is nice and welcomed that TD's are hosting tournaments, so nothing against you or this tournament otherwise.

As a simple comparison let's take a basic sporting event/competition, say 100 meters dash sprint race. The basic rule is that you have to run the 100 meters. Now suddenly someone is arranging an officially classed competition for 100 meters track sprint, but you are allowed to use an e-bike instead. The race results in the world record being broken by 3.1 seconds. How could people take the sport seriously after that?

The e-bike would remove the actual athletic performance from the equation and invalidate the whole 100 meters dash sprint race for everyone and all its history, it would be meaningless. This is a bit exacerbated, but in this comparison adding Nomads to the mix would have a bit of the same effect.

@giebmasse Show me the RULE where i cant name my tourney King of setons?

You can name it that, though no one is going to be obligated to entertain it with avatars or acknowledge it if someone makes a traditional king of sentons tourney later.

These

https://forum.faforever.com/topic/270/avatar-guidelines
https://forum.faforever.com/topic/269/tournament-code-of-conduct

and:

@morax said in 👑THE KING of Seton's Clutch 2v2 66,6$ U4500:

Hey, Lenkin,

Sorry to do this but I think the 'King of' tourneys should be kept to their original form - at least for now. If you would like help creating new avatars or a name for this event I would be happy to assist.

Hope you understand!

Nothing in tourney rules of conduct relate to enforcing things like tournament titles though. It’s about avatars/funds/ethics.

To make it clear Lenkin would be obligated to obey what Morax says if he wants to use FAF assets ie the avatar. Since he isn’t, he can basically do whatever he wants in his tourney fiefdom and it’s up to players whether they want to participate.

Though you also can’t go back and decide to not give out an avatar after the tournament like with the dual gap one so who knows these days 4head.

I CANCALED "king of seton" AVATARS 2 days ago. Only thing is name of tourney King of setons @Giebmasse @FtXCommando.

AHTOHOB +Tron-

How about calling it "Masters of Setons", "Legends of Setons", "Gods of Setons" or something similar?
Then you still have an eye-catching title without conflicting with the old "King of Setons" tournament series.

I mean, a 2v2 Setons tournament would be fun after all 😄

@whendaybreaks said in 👑THE KING of Seton's Clutch 2v2 66,6$ U4500:

Nomads balance exploits

https://faforever.github.io/spooky-db/#/UEA0107,UEA0104,XNA0107,XNA0104

Not intended. Speed differences will be fixed next weekend.

"Good luck and a safe landing commanders!"

im sure many setoners will play this. not even correct map

@ftxcommando thick team

"Good luck and a safe landing commanders!"

tourney is canceled. Ill make another 1 with changed rules

tourney is canceled. Ill make another 1 with changed rules