Mods Not showing up

Hello, I have the FAF vault and I have downloaded mods but they are not showing up in the mod manager in game. What am I doing wrong?

Could you share the logs of one of your games? That tells us where it looks for mods 🙂 .

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Not sure how to get the game log? I am playing through Steam client. Where do the FAF Vault files get downloaded to?

Ah - that is why then. The FAF client stores the mods here: C:\ProgramData\FAForever\user\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\mods , but the steam version expects them here: C:\Users\%USER_NAME%\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\mods. We've changed this because the client can't always write to the location in my documents. You'll have to copy them over yourself if you want the Steam version of the game to see them too.

This post is deleted!

There is no user\My Games in the FAF folder. How do I get that?

Could you confirm that this location exists: C:\Users\%USER_NAME%\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\mods

Ok found it (HIDDEN folder)
Thanks!

Next problem, I have 1.6.6 how/where do I patch up the game to the latest?

What latest version? The one that FAF uses?

@jip 1.6.6? That is the number I see. However it is a new install so whatever that version is, vanilla.

I don't understand what you want. Do you want to use the latest patch that FAF provides? If that is the case - just host a game with the client.

This post is deleted!

Got it working thanks for the help.