Map editor. I can't get teams to work on my map?

So i have been making 3 vs 3 map on Map editor and got everything done. But when I went to test it everyone was by themselves not in teams. I checked to see that i have everything correct which looks like i do but it still does not put people in teams when i test it. Am i missing something? this is driving me nuts.

faf map screenshot 1.png

You have lobby options for teams. When you host a game, you can choose "autoteams" and "left v right" etc.

could be a number of reasons for teams not working i'd need to see files to know which one it causing it tho

Vault Admin / Creative Team / Map Guru

@greenfly
While there are a number of potential causes for this issue, I imagine it is being caused by you not having the right code to define/set the map area...

If so, the problem could be fixed by making your map script lua file have this code:92f60c55-c0ba-446f-8c88-97386317099a-image.png
and making your map save lua file have code like what I circled in blue here:170b2219-7948-4335-bc12-6cf89309e9f2-image.png
Note that the map save file should keep the rest of its code and that the two 1024's should be changed to match your map size if your map is not 20 km x 20 km. A 10 km x 10 km map would use two 512's instead of 1024's, while a 5 km x 5 km map would use two 256's, etc.

The relevant lua files are located in the map's folder and can be easily edited with a program such as Notepad++.

pfp credit to gieb

@emperor_penguin Thanks's so much it works now. It was the Areas part that was not named right it said 'New area'. So changed it to AREA_1 and that did the job. 😄