Small suggestions topic

I would like an auto ping if one of your teammates scouts an EXP, nuke/anti nuke, T3Facts, T3 arty and Portals

Auto ping + auto marker would be OP. But i bet most people would hate it cause "it lowers the skill ceiling". If the buiding goes down the auto maker would be auto-deleted. If you were cybran for example you could have the dr. brackman saying very good commander to increase dopamin levels.

I’d hate it because ping spam is already the most irritating thing in the game. I might start/stop 6 gcs just to cancer the enemy team with pings if I see a scout.

A lot of this could be accomplished with strategic icons showing a special icon for nuke, SMD, T3 arty, T4 that is under construction. It wouldn't be the same as a ping, but it would make it easy to notice key things that were under construction.

Right now I think there is no icon at all for stuff under construction.

@scout_more_often said in Small suggestions topic:

Always thought it weird how engineers wont automatically reclaim destroyed walls when patrolling, could this be adjusted?

Wall wrecks are 2 mass a piece, it's not worth the engineer's time to reclaim them.

Unless you're intending this as an engineer reclaim nerf, for which there are much better solutions.

@deribus

Wall wrecks are 2 mass a piece, it's not worth the engineer's time to reclaim them.

Not always. But sometimes. And free mass is the best mass.

@kdrafa91 said in Small suggestions topic:

I would like an auto ping if one of your teammates scouts an EXP, nuke/anti nuke, T3Facts, T3 arty and Portals

Auto ping + auto marker would be OP. But i bet most people would hate it cause "it lowers the skill ceiling". If the buiding goes down the auto maker would be auto-deleted. If you were cybran for example you could have the dr. brackman saying very good commander to increase dopamin levels.

No like you said it lowers the skill ceiling + would just be abused like ftx said. I'd start building nukes or anything else that causes pings just to mess with people. If they're not paying close attention they can't tell if I'm actively building it or not. I would 100% turn this off and would be annoyed if other people could use this in times where I actually build a nuke or whatever. It's your job to both scout and to look at what you scout. Not my problem if you scout my nuke and you aren't looking at what you scouted.

@scout_more_often said in Small suggestions topic:

Always thought it weird how engineers wont automatically reclaim destroyed walls when patrolling, could this be adjusted?

This was talked about earlier in this thread I think. It was argued that this is a nerf to walls and I don't disagree with that argument actually. However, I think I still maintain that engineers shouldn't sit there for a million years trying to reclaim the walls, they should move on with their lives. This might only happen with factory attack moves though I can't remember.

Would be nice to see strat icons for partially built xps

Yo.

Is it possible to make the cybran acu laser weapon a toggle, like the shields on aeon/uef ACUS?

It may sound strange, but using the example of https://replay.faforever.com/16458241

I've come to the opinion that cloak by itself + gun is in a lot of cases better than if you had it with laser. Reason being in the middle of a fight, it is impossible NOT to notice a huge red laser and immediately recognise what's going on. Que rapid and rabid pinging from everyone on your team. Invisible monkeylord bug jokes aside.

But if on the other hand you don't have this upgrade, you're free to basically OC at will and more often than not your opponent won't realise why his units are being chewed up so fast.

Anyway, maybe its just me who likes screwing around with late game cybran ACU's so much.

Cheers!

Sov

@build_more_flak block auto fire

Put combat sacus onto the same selection priority as normal units. would be a lot nicer to micro them when random other units are also mixed in.

@eternal He wants the acu to shoot its regular gun without also firing the laser so that won't work unless I am missing something. I like the idea and it gives even more options for varied cybran acu play options.

When someone disconnects from a game you are not allowed to give any actions for around ~1 second while the game simulation continues moving forward. Would it be possible to remove this 1 second control lockout entirely? If not, would it be possible to at least automatically pause the game for the lockout period?

It can actually decide the game, especially if multiple people leave consecutively, e.g. in situations where you are fighting air and one player is behind the other, and suddenly neither player can issue orders. Also, I don't recall this being a thing in the past, so if someone could point me to when this feature was added that would be great.

@archsimkat I vote for removing this

It was added like 2 years ago and it was added because it removed a huge majority of the desyncs in replays. You basically used to have a desync in every teamgame replay if a person decided to leave mid game.

Vastly more coherent to ban something as rare as exploiting the pause than to remove something that gives a huge net benefit, if anything.

Solving desyncs is great, so there's no need to remove the lockout entirely. Maybe just automatically pause the game for the 1 second duration and then automatically resume so you don't have periods in the game where nobody can issue orders?

@archsimkat said in Small suggestions topic:

Solving desyncs is great, so there's no need to remove the lockout entirely. Maybe just automatically pause the game for the 1 second duration and then automatically resume so you don't have periods in the game where nobody can issue orders?

This is very possible, upvote this post if people want this solution.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip Geez I had no idea you could upvote on this forum lol If we do implement this can a message be put in chat saying whats happening? And can it unpause itself automatically??

Yes, we can unpause it automatically too.

Edit, these are the functions:

When a player leaves, we issue a pause. And then we can keep it paused for ~ 1 to 2 seconds, before we automatically continue by issuing a resume.

i would like to have an option in lobby to turn it off if this is possible. I would like to enjoy the gameplay, not a hour long boring replay

I'm afraid that the toggle to disable the UI is part of the executable and the implementation doesn't allow you to toggle it.