Small suggestions topic

That's the punishment for not properly managing your engineers. Move them before they go idle to keep the attack range.

Oh god please change it so when someone readies or unreadies in the lobby that the Game Quality score doesn't slowly redraw. Just have it constantly on show ๐Ÿ™‚

Maybe there is already a way to do it and I am too noob and stoned to figure it out but when your HQ dies and you are left with a support factory that factory can only build t1 units until you have a new HQ. Can there be an option to convert the support factory to an HQ rather than have to build a new t1 factory and upgrade that? It could work like the upgrade currently does and cost the same M/E but is just more convenient especially if it's already ringed by Pgens.

Let there be light

@lightbearer said in Small suggestions topic:

Maybe there is already a way to do it and I am too noob and stoned to figure it out but when your HQ dies and you are left with a support factory that factory can only build t1 units until you have a new HQ. Can there be an option to convert the support factory to an HQ rather than have to build a new t1 factory and upgrade that? It could work like the upgrade currently does and cost the same M/E but is just more convenient especially if it's already ringed by Pgens.

This thread probably not the right place for this suggestion but I second the suggestion for sure ๐Ÿ™‚

I feel like thatโ€™s a balance change because it makes it less punishing to lose an hq

Not sure if it is a quick fix but I whatch a lot of replays. Would be nice if there was a rewind option.

Without access to the source code, the rewind is not possible, very unfortunately.

Even with the source code that does not sound like a โ€œsmallโ€ change to me

can the fire beetle have a better blow up range

also i think the soul ripper could use a little better aa.

sometimes vision doesnt work right, when a unit is in range of vision but almost out it will go in and out of vision when it should always be visable I didnt get a couple killed because of this one and made me die. would be great if this one got fixed!

@RowanMorseYT

• No balance changes, there is a separate forum section for that.

I've tried cloning the code to potentially PR this change but it's a bit hard for me, easy for more common contributers I think:

Adding Mapsize to the Custom Games lobby info:
1d57aa1b-e504-4b24-b883-f9f94d554665-image.png

And / or the Reply Tile Info:
a519d27b-21e0-49ce-8817-3363f4eff76d-image.png

1. Make a game indicator to the custom game lobby if a game is rated or not (based on server settings and/or maps that are not rated). Option to filter games based on "rated" status would also work.

2. Tic the "hide default server settings" by default when joining a game.

I see a lot of improvement in the selection and command UI. For example when we select a group of engineers, the group should be able to build anything the highest tech engineer can build. right now, the group can only build what the lowest tech engineer can build. Something like an automatic "higher tech starts build, lower tech support build" would be very nice.

Then I noticed formation move commands can't move sideways. This might be a bug though. When a formation faces left and you want it to move up, while still facing left, the whole group rotates to face up, moves there, and rotates again to face left.

Also a "select air only" or "select land only" or "engineers only" would be useful. Something you can put on a hotkey like "hold e+mouse select" to select engineers or something. Would be nice if this was in the game fully supported without having to use mods.

Another idea might be something like built-in timers, for example for scouting. Or alerts in another kind of way, maybe when a factory finished building or some other conditions are met. This could also be scoped by team or player or subset of players, this would help coordinate teams a lot I think.

also a resource "expenses" display in player list (right now there are income/balance/storage)

@longhead said in Small suggestions topic:

I see a lot of improvement in the selection and command UI. For example when we select a group of engineers, the group should be able to build anything the highest tech engineer can build. right now, the group can only build what the lowest tech engineer can build. Something like an automatic "higher tech starts build, lower tech support build" would be very nice.

This has been suggested before, I am already looking into the viability of it ๐Ÿ™‚

Then I noticed formation move commands can't move sideways. This might be a bug though. When a formation faces left and you want it to move up, while still facing left, the whole group rotates to face up, moves there, and rotates again to face left.

Not a bug, but also not possible I am afraid. The engine does all of that.

Also a "select air only" or "select land only" or "engineers only" would be useful. Something you can put on a hotkey like "hold e+mouse select" to select engineers or something. Would be nice if this was in the game fully supported without having to use mods.

These already exist - see also the F1 menu for hotkeys.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Can we fix that annoying thing that resets the currently selected construction tab for various reasons? Like when you selected a T3 engi, switched to T1 to choose something from there, and then an event happens, and you are back in the T3 tab.

Could you make please somewhere on the top visible how many mass extractors you have and what level those are?
By clicking on the icon would be cool to be able to select all Lvl 1 or Lvl 2 to upgrade. That would be useful. I get some struggle with finding all the mass extractors around the map to get the max capacity from those.

This post is deleted!