Small suggestions topic

Right now, the option to expand the idle engies or factories menu only appears when you actually have an idle factory/engie, and - at least for me - the button is somewhat difficult to click because it's so small. In my opinion you should always want the expanded version of the menu, so my suggestion is as follows.

This is how it is currently:
Option to expand idle facs (or engies) menu by default.png

This is my suggested version:
5fd3e76d-c8bb-42ac-9b65-2171c8b7022b-image.png

Excuse the bad image editing, but could you create a menu option to show expanded idle factories AND engies menu by default?

A UI mod can do that too, no need to embed that in the repository.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

I was thinking of the flags in the game lobby that shows where we all live. If there was also a small icon showing if each player had indicated (somewhere) that they spoke/understood english that would be potentially helpful. I'm one of the (few?) people who types a lot in game, trying to rally or focus the team and I've often had games where no one responds lol so maybe they literally don't understand me meaning I'm wasting my time and it would be useful to know to stick to pings 🙂

I'm not sure about that last suggestion. I think the country flag is already a good indication whether you can expect someone to understand / speak english. And even then, sometimes people just want to be able to play in slience.

The real question is: Do we want to show the flags at all?

An idea I have which may need play testing and discussion is if you que engineers to build multiple building they can sometimes get in the way of the next building in the que. The build has wait until all units that are in the way to move. My suggest is have units that are in the way of the next build que move out of the way and avoid this location before it starts to be built.Untitled-1.png

Never Fear, A Geek is Here!

Somebody link that clip of Yudi trying to move engies out of the way of a t3 pgen for a full minute.

@thecore said in Small suggestions topic:

An idea I have which may need play testing and discussion is if you que engineers to build multiple building they can sometimes get in the way of the next building in the que. The build has wait until all units that are in the way to move. My suggest is have units that are in the way of the next build que move out of the way and avoid this location before it starts to be built.

The simulation is not informed of the building until it starts building. We cannot sync that information to the sim - that would open a window for cheating. This is also why the terrain scanning feature is delayed.

@Deribus can you close this topic? We've got sufficient examples of small improvements for the next patch. Some of them are already part of the patch, see also the changelogs or the commits to FAF Develop.

edit: linky to the overview made by Deribus:

Locked upon request

Unlocked and relocked because Jip asked me to do it
south-park-eric-cartman.gif

List 2: Electric Boogaloo

Up to date to my knowledge

Accepted

Implemented, woohoo!

Being worked on:

Being investigated

No official comment