Small suggestions topic

I'll review it later today πŸ™‚ .

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Suggestion: make it easier to swap positions with another player. I'm not exactly sure what this would look like.

But something that makes it easy for 2 players to swap positions, if they both agree, without either one needing to move to observer or empty slot, and without the host needing to manually swap them.

Let's say I'm playing with Jip and I want to switch slots with him. I right-click on his name, choose an option called "ask to switch," then he would have an option appear in his lobby, if he right-clicks on my name at that point, instead of "ask to switch," he would see an option that says "switch" and if he chooses that option, we swap positions.

So we would need: (1) a way to offer to switch with another person (2) the fact that we chose it would need to be communicated to the other player in a way that doesn't spam/annoy them and (3) the other player would need the ability to accept an offer (4) everybody else in the lobby would also need to be updated that the switch happened so everybody in the lobby shows everyone in the correct slots . . .

@arma473 said in Small suggestions topic:

Suggestion: make it easier to swap positions with another player. I'm not exactly sure what this would look like.

From the perspective of the host we have this:

3c2e2149-5f6e-40f6-a39c-45ae87d43233-image.png

We could expand this feature to allow swapping between players: if a player requests a swap then the player number becomes green? The user in question can then just ignore it if he / she sees fit.

I think that it is important that the host feels in control of the lobby however, so what if a player wants to swap with an AI? Do we insta-accept that?

@jip said in Small suggestions topic:

I think that it is important that the host feels in control of the lobby however, so what if a player wants to swap with an AI? Do we insta-accept that?

I would say no, players should not be allowed to offer swaps to any slot that does not have another player in it.

If a player stops being in the spot (they leave, get kicked, move to a different slot, move to obs) the offer should be taken back.

If the player in that spot changes (if the host swaps them, or if they swap with someone else) the offer should automatically be taken back.

If the player who offered the swap moves to a different slot (for any reason) the offer should be taken back...

If offers didn't automatically get taken back under those circumstances it could cause problems.

Also, you would have to make sure that someone couldn't maliciously set it up to allow themselves to "accept" offers that haven't been made. Or else they would be able to always force their way into any slot.

Add a reclaim metric to the post game graph. Actually I've never checked if its recorded during the game, I just remember it from the supreme score board during replays.

• as it's already been said, having an audio alarm when power stall is about to happen is nice, but also when you overflow mass and/or energy ? could help very bad players like me...

• same when a factory goes idle, and when your acu is really low on hp, like 2 or 3k hp...

• having engies on reclaim prioritizing high value items would also be a great improvement

• I suck at 20x20 maps, so when chosing which custom game to join, having the size of the map displayed could help...

@redhotchilipeper
First two are strange, but i think there are already some mods can do this.
Third is impossible because it effects engine part.
Forth: you can hover over Map name with mouse in lobby and see its info.

β€œBe a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
β€” Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

@jip
Thanks for all the work you do!
I would like to suggest a small change if possible.
Having mouse buttons be available as key bindings would be super.
Tanks in advance.
Kind regards!

I'm afraid that that is engine related and out of our control 😞 .

The one about sharing team radar circles is golden. We need that

@ctrl-k thanks for your answer πŸ™‚

well for the first two, as I said, it can be a big helper for bad players like me, I understand it may look awkward for peolpe with more practice of supcom πŸ˜‰

@nine2 said in Small suggestions topic:

The one about sharing team radar circles is golden. We need that

I look forward to your pull request πŸ™‚

@elmi To limit people spamming pause, host the game with only 3 pauses.

Suggestion do load nukesubs automaticly. If basicly everybody builds nukesubs for nukes (and not for other things), why do we need to start loading manually every time? Tml's, antinukes, nukes on land etc. load automaticly. But with nukesubs, we need to keep eye on factory, to see when it is ready, sometimes find the nukesub in the middle of other things, and start loading manually, every nukesub. Seems like artificial difficulty, that should be easy to change.

My suggestion is to allow factories to set their waypoint to a unit group. When the factory finishes constructing a unit, it'll receive the same orders as the rest of the units in the group. If there's more than one order, it'll assign one randomly (or maybe by unit type)

The reason I want this is because then I can setup air patrols to be continuously replenished by a factory. Right now if you make a patrol order from a factory then give an order to the patroling units, there's no way for them to rejoin the patrol again. But if a unit group had the order and the factory was just assisting the unit group, then you could give the units any order you wanted and the factory would create more units for them.

Work is being done to work on the suggestion of @Giebmasse , see also this and this pull request on Github. And from another topic a pull request emerged about adding an ETA timer. We're getting there to implement some of these suggestions. Note that some suggestions appear small, but they may be difficult because they require engine changes. We can't do that for the average suggestion.

@wikingest said in Small suggestions topic:

Suggestion do load nukesubs automaticly.

I'll ask around if this is desirable.

@jip said in

I'll ask around if this is desirable.

make sense to me to load them automatically. Nuke launchers and smd on land load automatically. A nuke subs only real purpose is to launch a nuke so yeah autoload please 😊

@scout_more_often It makes sense - IF - the cost of the missile is included in the cost of the unit. This should be true of any unit which is required to 'build' ammunition. SMD, SML, TML or otherwise.

We implemented this choice into LOUD some years ago, allowing players to determine IF missile units were to be autoloaded, and by how much. Needless to say, autoloading does encourage certain behaviors.

While on the topic of nuke sub, should they be able to make anti-nukes (smd) as well? So the player could have an option to either make a nuke or anti nuke from the nuke sub.

Never Fear, A Geek is Here!

That's more of a balance change