Graphic Artist Wanted

There is no need to put nazi in quotation marks. That eagle literally carries a swastika in his claws in the uncropped version.

My vote is for ............. Other than me................... Is Tatsu second entry. Not that it's worth mentioning but yes I didn't know what a Reichsadler was until I read a the wiki page for it, and I promptly removed it. I put nazi in quotation marks because there's so many eagles out there that are american and in the search I did, I keyed in "american eagle flags/medals" and that was one of the search results, you can thank google. But if that's not the reason your pointing this out! But because the powers that be a.k.a owners of faf already have decided on an icon idea and wanted to see if someone would come up with something better. Please please reconsider the helmets and candy icons, anything would be better than kindergarten oriented ideas.

I prefer petric's design to my own. I'm a real sucker for the color blue plus his design really exploits the new 80x40 form factor much better (If I were to make icons for that 80x40 form factor I'd start from scratch I'd use neither of the two ideas I posted above)

@Fremy_Speeddraw
Anyways final thoughts :

the ribon tiers are a bit funky, for example, silver tier makes alot of sense to me: c69943a4-229a-4c91-87cc-deadc758bd6c-image.png
kinda pyramid-looking, you know, whatever, it's dynamic.

Bronze (I think it should be called copper)
has a lot more contrast going because of the gap between the pentagon tier holder and the ribbon. it's utter genius.
f179f8fc-3a44-4cc6-bf14-6c05cc13decd-image.png

I get what was being going for with the other upgrades I guess Diamond is the one that's most visually pleasing after those two
38e82a90-b7c0-4a4c-b5a9-8e7daa6254ae-image.png

gold is not one people will be looking forward to in it's present state (all this is still only about the ribbons) :
08fd6ac1-b689-4fee-8e9b-d30670add093-image.png

granted the upper one is slightly wider but basically the eye auto-corrects it to the same width.

(you could for example exaggerate this a bit)
image.png

I think it plays off better. maybe that's silly of me.

master's reeeeally funky:
92e4ddc9-571f-4617-b6c6-e449dd7fd711-image.png

funky can be nice in certain contexts, I dunno.

It just has way too much tikki mask vibe to me.

I realize this is a bit more bland but what do you think of this (sorry for the low effort msPaint edit) :
image(1).png

also I get the red and yellow tier marker thing, it's contrast. it makes the icon as a whole pop.
so that should probably stay but maybe be reworked.
maybe placed instead of those little wings in the same spot :
90c12c00-4efa-4e8b-af84-c267ce7ac2fd-image.png
which for 90% of the tiers and subtiers are utterly invisible.

Also a big plus one to @Askaholic 's idea of stars or other makers instead of the roman numeral.

They are all nice and of great works, was hoping something outside the norm, there was some ideas of interest that seemed to be what to find, but think have gotten lost since.

Id rather say these icons if there was ever a group creation update to some point.

I also made a concept of some icons altho lacking in detail. I went for a simple look.
Bronze:
ico-rank-faf-g-dev-b1-v2.png

ico-rank-faf-g-dev-b2-v2.png

ico-rank-faf-g-dev-b3-v2.png

ico-rank-faf-g-dev-b4-v2.png

ico-rank-faf-g-dev-b5-v2.png

Silver:
ico-rank-faf-silver-s1.png

ico-rank-faf-silver-s2.png

ico-rank-faf-silver-s3.png

ico-rank-faf-silver-s4.png

ico-rank-faf-silver-s5.png

Gold:

ico-rank-faf-gold-g1.png

ico-rank-faf-gold-g2.png

ico-rank-faf-gold-g3.png

ico-rank-faf-gold-master.png

ico-rank-faf-gold-g5-v12-2.png

simple and efficient. what would the two next tiers and the final tier look like?

I do like Petrics Desgin but for me the Gold and Broze look a bit too simular from a quick glanse

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

i much prefer wassermelon kiss (keep it simple stupid) approach the other designs look to busy apart from askaholic's early draft

Vault Admin / Creative Team / Map Guru

@tatsu I was thinking of replacing Diamond with Crystal just for fun :D. I have a few drafts for the two higher tiers but the final tier is still in the idea phase.

Crystal/Diamond:
ico-rank-faf-crystal-dev-v3.png

Master/Maybe some other gemstone:
ico-rank-faf-master-master.png

Coloring not final

I can dig that.

what about grand-master?

don't you think they'd look much better if they weren't a single stone slab/ thinner?
image(2).png

and then you would have two axi of progression : color and thickness, grandmaster being the full block.

@IDontKnow said in Graphic Artist Wanted:

I do like Petrics Desgin but for me the Gold and Broze look a bit too simular from a quick glanse

I don't get that feeling at all. bronze (or rather copper) clearly looks like copper and gold clearly looks like gold, look:

4cecb1c9-93df-423a-893a-5e26294c7494-image.png 73af9653-da9e-428d-bdc9-6dc26fbc033f-image.png

maybe gold could be a brighter hue, a bit more reflective? copper looks fine to me though.

Please keep in mind that we also need a big version. I don't think that a quite simple icon would look that good when it is ten times the size.

@BlackYps I have done a color remaster of the icons for the large verison. I am tinkering with adding some more detail for the larger version.
mockup-s2-dev2.png

Issue i've with petric ones, is that it looks shitty for avatars

@WasserMelon progress but doesn't look good enough, I think you'll have to push this waaaaaaaaay way further.

try photorealistic silver and gold ect :
2141717c-63d5-4a72-91cf-e050b3654be5-image.png
you need to occupy the pixels otherwise it'll look way too bland.

@keyser said in Graphic Artist Wanted:

the 20x40 size, you mean?

yeah I agree, but wasn't the implication that Aeolus avator base size would be increased or did I missunderstand?

@tatsu said in Graphic Artist Wanted:

@keyser said in Graphic Artist Wanted:

the 20x40 size, you mean?

yeah I agree, but wasn't the implication that Aeolus avator base size would be increased or did I missunderstand?

I'm uncertain if the avatar size in aeolus can be increased, and to be honest, it's probably not a good idea.

Icons in the actual TMM party tabs as shown in screenshots around here is fair game.

@tatsu I've made some progress with photorealistic textures as you sugested, I enjoy the outcome but would be great if the change is begin made from 40x20 to 80x40. And perhaps do you know when the deadline is?

I have to correct some stuff to make the ranking a bit more clear. Here is how they would look.

40x20
ico-rank-faf-crystal-master.--asasas.png

300x200
crystal.png

I still think these lack in shape.

it's a bit of a shame to use 100% of the allotted space save for rounded borders instead of playing a bit more with empty space as the above examples have done.

Why is there still discussion about existing proposals that aren't Petric's?

@archsimkat said in Graphic Artist Wanted:

Why is there still discussion about existing proposals that aren't Petric's?

I don't have a dog in this fight (although I should tbh) - I think Petric's designs are nice, but are too busy. They force the eye to make sense of them, and that's less optimal.

PS. Did anybody ever play the arcade game Rygar? Hint hint...