Delete unlink account from Steam

Hello, I once lost my password and created a new account (this one). Now FAF needs to link accounts with Steam, which I did.

I recovered my original account, but FAF wants to link it with Steam also and I can't because it is already linked.

Can you please delete and unlink this user account so I can link my original one?

Thank you. This does not apply to me, I have access to both accounts.

However I cannot login using the former anymore, as FAF requires a Steam account that is already linked.

Can't you just play on the other account that has a link?

I would rather play with this one. The other account is new and has no game history. (this account is the oldest)

This will probably not be possible. This would need manual interference of a server admin in the database and I doubt they do that.

Soon™️

Is it possible to completely delete a FAF account (CaptnSalvador) and unlink it from Steam? That would solve my issue.

I haven't found that scenario in the FAQ.

Not possible. Imagine that would ruin the whole system... Guy gets banned he deletes his account and makes a new one with the same steam account.

Soon™️

@axel12 That doesn't make much sense, though. We're using the steam accounts to verify ownership of the game, not as a unique thing to identify people with.

Besides, if that was really an issue, then ban the steam account from FAF at the same time as banning the FAF account.

There's no reason to penalize a legitimate mistake just for that.

Well as far as I am aware we don't plan an option to unlink... Also it would allow smurfing, easily without rebuying the game

Soon™️

You have access to both accounts and you want to use the name of the older one.
Rename the old one to whatever you want. Rename the new one to the old one. Problem solved.

I could move around your Steam ID but I have no interest in doing so. We have over 200.000 registered accounts in FAF and the amount of manual inquiries have gone overboard. Therefore I no longer do this.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice

isn't the old username held back for 3 months?

Vault Admin / Creative Team / Map Guru

Right. So the process will take a bit longer, but it will work nevertheless.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice