Map Editor can't find maps/ folder

When I try to create a new map in the map editor, it tells me it can't find the maps/ folder. My FA installation directory isn't in ProgramFiles, so I think that might be the problem? Otherwise I don't know what could be causing it.

Is there a way to set the file path that the editor looks for to create maps? Or am I going to have to create a dummy file path to contain the maps and then manually move them to the FA directory once I'm finished with them?

edit - preferences then you can choose the map folder path

Vault Admin / Creative Team / Map Guru

Turns out the path was already correct, it had automatically detected it. It still tells me there is no maps folder, but there's definitely a maps folder in my FA directory. Any idea why I'm still having problems?

Mine is C:/ProgramData/FAForever/user/My Games/Gas Powered Games/Supreme Commander Forged Alliance/maps/ , make sure it's posting to the FAF maps instead of FA maps

Now it says "No source files in gamedata folder: C:/ProgramData/FAForever/user/My Games/Gas Powered Games/Supreme Commander Forged Alliance/gamedata/"

Bump because still can't get it to work.

You've launched faf on the main branch at least once, right? To download all the .nx2 files

@captainklutz Assuming the main branch is what the FAF client defaults to, then yes. It spent quite a long time downloading them too.

Very strange. If you're using the latest version of Ozonex's editor and don't have an antivirus blocking the editor from reading files, I am not sure what could be causing the issue. I'm happy for you to reach out to me on Discord if you want to try walking through it though: RektTangle/CaptainKlutz#8080