RCIV - Spacenet ~ 3v3 ~ $1,200

@willywankernoob

Thanks for coming forward and working out a solution with
the good of the Tourny in mind.
Everyone is appreciative 🙂

The team has an average rating of 2100. You would need every single 2k player on FAF to sign up. This won’t happen. The captain system even goes so far as to stop potential competitive teams that would beat that team as the process results in a relatively even rating spread.

Functionally right now, any person below 1850 is dooming a team to lose as far as rating is concerned and might as well as not sign up. It’s why I’m not signing up anyway.

I agree, and with all the feedback...
We are no longer entertaining "Invited" teams.
12 new teams it is!

The weeks of registration do not matter. There are 36 applicable players to fill your 32 slots (if we’re trying to keep the invited team while keeping teams competitively viable ie within 400 points of one another) and like a third of those have false ratings from various manipulations of global and therefore won’t play in such a tourney anyway on top of the players that just have no desire to play ie Blodir or Petric.

It’s a fight for 2nd between the teams that are forced to play under a fair play rule that doesn’t apply to the above team.

@FtXCommando since you constantly say ratings are inflated and wrong "a third of those have false ratings from various manipulations of global" ect, then our ratings mean very little. so you contradict yourself. So our team is not that strong unless you truly believe our ratings. I agree with you that ratings are highly manipulated as mine should be 1200! so i don't see the problem. I will talk to them about our 100 each to split, most likely they will accept it.

Uh yeah are you trying to clown me and say banani and nexus aren’t worth their rating? Even you aren’t the worst example of a sentoner and actually occasionally play random high level teamgames. Nothing I said is contradictory unless your intention is to explain that you or someone else on your team is an astro pro equivalent? If so feel free to go and make that argument.

if you re watch the finals we lost insanely hard and now all of a sudden we are op and unbeatable because me and banani gained 200 points. i guess plus 200 points in faf make you a god.

You forget this isn’t a normal team game tourney. The AI’s have also improved since last year and they are the real kingmakers here!

It's not that this team is unbeatable, it's that it has a significant unfair advantage over all the other teams. There's definitely narrative benefits to allowing a returning team, but it comes at the cost of the competitiveness of the event. The current world champion getting to have a player who would otherwise be a captain + a decent 3rd player is going to be pretty far ahead of any other team.

Wesh 1800 sing up!

This post is deleted!

@fearghal I believe it was a bitter decision to make but will definitely improve the tournament a lot. Wouldn't be an issue if previous teams wouldnt have improved a lot lol.

FAF Website Developer

@willywankernoob said in Rainbow Cup IV ~ 3 v 3 ~ $1.2K:

i guess plus 200 points in faf make you a god.

You and banani both being 200 rating higher basically means there is a 70% chance both of you beat your old selves, it’s nearly a full standard deviation improvement and it’s why both of you moved from being like middle potential picks to both being potential captains.

There was some spirited back and forth on the "invite" clause,
But it appears All has been smoothed over for the better.
Thanks for understanding.

I dont know what this tourney is, but sign me up anyway

Crushing noobs and squeezing boobs since 2012

sign me up 1900/1900

Singing up 1750 2v2, 1700 Global

Do you know the Muffin Man?

HuggyWuggy sign up (1400 global/1200 ladder)

sgin me up! please 🙂