Cant join games...

Hello i have seen others posts this issue but with no resolve. All of sudden i get the below error message. I have reinstalled supreme commander, reinstalled FAF, cleared my cache. Does anyone have any ideas? I think it was caused by joining a game that had a mod.Thanks

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\ProgramData\FAForever\cache\featured_mod\bin\dbfd4dbacfdcfb60a6e5963e2b0ff43d -> C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe
at com.faforever.client.patch.SimpleHttpFeaturedModUpdaterTask.lambda$call$0(SimpleHttpFeaturedModUpdaterTask.java:81)
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1511)
at com.faforever.client.patch.SimpleHttpFeaturedModUpdaterTask.call(SimpleHttpFeaturedModUpdaterTask.java:65)
at com.faforever.client.patch.SimpleHttpFeaturedModUpdaterTask.call(SimpleHttpFeaturedModUpdaterTask.java:24)
at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1425)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1130)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:630)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832)
Caused by: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\ProgramData\FAForever\cache\featured_mod\bin\dbfd4dbacfdcfb60a6e5963e2b0ff43d -> C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:89)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:103)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileCopy.copy(WindowsFileCopy.java:202)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.copy(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:283)
at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.copy(Files.java:1299)
at com.faforever.client.io.FeaturedModFileCacheService.copyFeaturedModFileFromCache(FeaturedModFileCacheService.java:64)
at com.faforever.client.patch.SimpleHttpFeaturedModUpdaterTask.lambda$call$0(SimpleHttpFeaturedModUpdaterTask.java:74)
... 8 more

have you launched the game from steam since the reinstall as that Is needed to create a prefs file?

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

Just tried it still didn't work, it runs fine through steam. Its every time i try join a game thru FAF. Its as someone else described the problem, it cant find the forged allance.EXE file so it downloads it to the BIN folder but then doesnt like the fact its in the BIN folder

If it can't find a file, is that possibly due to system permissions?

For example, is your steam installation of Forged Alliance inside the "Program Files" folder?

I don't know if that could be causing this particular problem. I do know that in the last few years, Steam made it easy to save game files in different directories outside of "Program Files." So it should be possible to use Steam to move your FA installation to another folder such as "C:\Games\Forged Alliance"

Or maybe the issue is that this folder is protected, for example because it is inside "ProgramData"

"C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin"

Just a thought. I'm definitely not a windows expert.

I am at a complete lose, what i don't understand is when i first start FAF and go to join a game it goes to download Forged allance and that is where the problem is. I've got the below link as the place to look for the game, it has a bunch of sub folders. the EXE file i believe is the one called "SupremeCommander" . Does that sound right?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance

WHY IS IT DOWNLOADING SOMETHING THATS IN THE FOLDER???

@roscopeco2000 To play FAF, you need to launch the game through the FAF client, and you need to have FA installed on your computer (most people install it through Steam because they own it through Steam), and, you need certain FAF versions of files like units.nx2 and ForgedAlliance.exe. The FAF client will automatically download the needed files for you when you try to join a game.

The file that is downloaded, called ForgedAlliance.exe, is different from the ForgedAlliance.exe file that is part of the Steam installation.