Pre-selected map when hosting a game is populating a different map

I host a game just fine but the map I selected is not populating, and instead a default vanilla map (in this case Four Corners) is showing instead. Doesn't seem to happen with all maps but just a few that are under Astro Crater. Map directory in FAF seems to be fine, too.

Any thoughts?

4 corners is the default map it reverts to, if there is an issue with the map you are trying to load

Vault Admin / Creative Team / Map Guru

Interesting - would the suggestion be to delete the existing instance of the map and redownload from the vault? Tried it and it still defaults to Four Corners..

probably a broken map then which map is it?

Astro Crater Battles 4x4 rich_v2 - it's a high rated map on the vault and i play it pretty consistently when others host.

just checked yeah broken map if you want to fix it do this find this in the scenario.lua

map = '/maps/astro_crater_battles_4x4_v2/astro_crater_battles_4x4_v2.scmap',
save = '/maps/astro_crater_battles_4x4_v2/astro_crater_battles_4x4_v2_save.lua',
script = '/maps/astro_crater_battles_4x4_v2/astro_crater_battles_4x4_v2_script.lua',

and change to this

map = '/maps/astro_crater_battles_4x4_v2.v0002/astro_crater_battles_4x4_v2.scmap',
save = '/maps/astro_crater_battles_4x4_v2.v0002/astro_crater_battles_4x4_v2_save.lua',
script = '/maps/astro_crater_battles_4x4_v2.v002/astro_crater_battles_4x4_v2_script.lua',

and it should work obviously don't upload it to the vault and i'll let the creator know

Here's what I currently have in the scenario.lua:

map = '/maps/astro_crater_battles_4x4_rich_v2.v0001/astro_crater_battlers_4x4_rich_v2.scmap',
    save = '/maps/astro_crater_battles_4x4_rich_v2.v0001/astro_crater_battlers_4x4_rich_v2_save.lua',
    script = '/maps/astro_crater_battles_4x4_rich_v2.v0001/astro_crater_battlers_4x4_rich_v2_script.lua',

And I should change that to:

map = '/maps/astro_crater_battles_4x4_v2.v0002/astro_crater_battles_4x4_v2.scmap',
save = '/maps/astro_crater_battles_4x4_v2.v0002/astro_crater_battles_4x4_v2_save.lua',
script = '/maps/astro_crater_battles_4x4_v2.v002/astro_crater_battles_4x4_v2_script.lua'

?

For reference this is the one I downloaded:
Capture.JPG

i just downloaded the one on the front page of the vault and found that issue that is a map from a different person and has just copied the same mistake by the looks of it

@MadMax said in Pre-selected map when hosting a game is populating a different map:

i just downloaded the one on the front page of the vault and found that issue that is a map from a different person and has just copied the same mistake by the looks of it

kinda funny 🙂

I still can't get it to work so don't know what to do. Can join the games with this map just fine though..

ok different tactic delete all versions of that map in your map folder then join one being hosted by someone else and you will auto download a working version that should then work

Tried that with no luck unfortunately. Has to be something on my end and not the map or FAF. Seems I'm out of luck on this one, which is no biggie. Last thing I haven't tried is uninstalling/reinstalling SC but I am not inclined to do that just yet. For now I can live with it. Thanks for all your help MadMax!

it's no great loss it's only astro at the end of the day, there are much better maps out there.