Does T3 Mobile AA have uses?

I was wondering how to use T3 mobile AA. Every time I use it I feel like I could have better spend it on T2 mobile AA instead. Sure in a situation with very low amounts of units T3 might be better on paper, but the AOE effect of flak stacks so quickly that I don't really see a big window for T3 mAA. They might potentially be better against strat bombers?

Do you guys actually use the t3 mAA and if yes in what situations?

If you're not sera, they are very good at killing strat bombers. It's basically why they exist.

if you are sera, it's like superflak. My team won an air fight where we were behind 100 ASF because I had about 5 sera t3 maas underneath it. Anything flak can do, sera T3 maa is better. It can stop corsair snipes and other t2 air nonsense.

Flak can’t really deal with the speed of T3 planes. It’s good for gunships but it’s not going to do much against strat bombers. I wouldn’t mass T3 anti air, but make 2 or 3 to kill strats that might bomb my blob of land units

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

Because of its long range you can also try to keep T3 MAA back, and try not to lose it even if you lose other units. If you keep it alive for a long time, it's more likely to pay for itself.

If you can, it's often better just to build SAMs, even to protect a mobile army. They aren't that expensive and they're a lot more powerful.

Also, this isn't exactly on-topic, but it looks like the unit DB (the one you can access through the FAF client) doesn't have T3 MAA in the list.

@arma473 said in Does T3 Mobile AA have uses?:

Also, this isn't exactly on-topic, but it looks like the unit DB (the one you can access through the FAF client) doesn't have T3 MAA in the list.

The client supports multiple DBs, on spooky you can see the T3 MAA.

I do have trouble using it in games, but I think it might be more effective on different maps. It has a little AOE and a few times I've been able to sneak them near a tightly grouped blob of ASF and get great value, but mostly they deter gunships from hitting my land forces.

I have on occasion put 6 cougars in a Continental, then had it move forward to bait the enemy air blob, only to unload and shred the blob up a bit, giving a favorable engagement to my air.

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!