I bought Forged Alliance, but not on Steam. Can I still play on FAF?

So if a user can:

• Prove that they own the gog account
  • Expose the owned games to FAF

This is exactly what the steam linking process does. Steam offers a web login for external service to verify the ownership of the account. It's very old and mostly considered unsafe, but good enough for us.

Gog does not offer a similar thing. If they were using regular OAuth2 tokens on their website I would have had a nasty workaround. But they use session cookies instead 😞

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice

Geosearchef found a way how we can make it happen folks.

Finally GoG linking is coming to town! (soon ™ )

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice

OMG! Geo! Well Done!!!

I'll see what I can do, it should work out, but hey, this is FAF, so soon™.

soon™️

Hi guys. I'm curious to know what does mean "soon" with trademark logo?

Soon™️ Is a trademark of forged alliance. We’ve redefined the word "soon" to be relative to normal faf development times...

Note, soon™️ is not the same as soon. If you expect something that will be done soon™️ to be done soon you will severely dissapointed!

It's an insider joke among FAF devs because we expected so many things "soon" that still took years to develop.

– Benno Rice

Thank you. I know better what to expect about gog version... Anyways, I can train myself in skirmish mode and it's still challenging (but not the same...)

Hello every one! Forged Alliance is on sale on steam until 24th november (2€). I already have gog version and I wonder if I should buy the steam version or if I should wait. Is there any news about gog and faf?

@Nephast I would get it on steam as this is no eta on the gog support is it could still be a long ways out .

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock