Legend of The Stars 2021 Championship Tournament

@morax I like the news hub side banner. I think the UEF commander might need to be a little higher to match the Seraphim one. Maybe in front of the logo though.

@Giebmasse Simple, not too much going on which I like. I wonder if the information could even be below the commander.

@Femboy I like this one the best but the perspective on the commanders needs a bit of a look.
Cybran looks a little small and probably shouldn't be on top of UEF but slightly moved over, Seraphim looks like it is in front of Cybran when AEON is behind UEF - doesn't make sense.

Former Board Member - March 2021 - March 2022

This post is deleted!

I think I’m going to ask to see a separate thread for artwork-related .

Please keep this post for questions about the actual logistics and funding going forward, please.

This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!

Updated to show Group Stage (used a snake draft) and provide details.

I will be adding the Group Map Pools over the next week.

Wait hold on, I thought the point was for the snake draft to involve each respective person picking the next person in their group?

Also why round robin when it is guaranteed to result in at least some dead games across 4 groups rather than double elim format with no worthless games?

@ftxcommando said in LegendoftheStars 2021 Championship Tournament:

Wait hold on, I thought the point was for the snake draft to involve each respective person picking the next person in their group?

Also why round robin when it is guaranteed to result in at least some dead games across 4 groups rather than double elim format with no worthless games?

Ah, yeah it's not really a round robin in the Group stage.

For the snake draft, just an automated one based on seeding rather choosing. Call it an "autodraft" or whatever.

LotS points are softly correlated with skill, it is a measure of both skill and activity with arbitrary weights attached to it. The point of letting people manually draft is that ultimately player skill is going to be determined by how their peers decide to stand them up against the rest.

I don't agree with round robin being useless for group stage especially when using a snake draft as it may lead to groups with all 4 players being able to compete for top 2 spots (look group D). I think that in case of the LoTS it makes sense to have it, as for other tourneys - usually no.

Yeah, also look at Group A.

I mean why did automated group selection get done in the first place? And if it was done, why would you use LotS points for it? I mean I don't want to get into naming names but I DO NOT think that LotS points are an accurate placement of dudes based on their competency, especially with how inherently random the participation of people are across the year. Blackheart puts 1 week of prep and gets 2nd in two different LotS tournaments. Blackheart will put 1 week of prep into this LotS. Does that mean his seed is justified? Does anyone think that? Is he just barely above Tex in skill because Tex became extremely active across the tournament scene since the mid year and got his points there? Bad group seeding will be felt through the rest of the tournament and create generally bad situations. LotS points have a large margin of error in weighing activity vs skill because it doesn't really matter so long as you get some satisfactory 12 invites. Now you have made it that you ABSOLUTELY have nearly no margin of error and need them to showcase skill.

I wouldn't go with round robin because it just literally has no benefits here over standard GSL double elim format. Nobody cares if you're 3rd or 4th best in group stages. It also introduces the need for tiebreaker parameters unless you're totally fine with extending the tourney even MORE for tiebreak games since round robin is also going to add several games on top of double elim.

Like to reiterate that one of the biggest lessons of last year was that round robin should absolutely not be used.

Also just realized Yudi won the qualifier only to get put into the biggest group of death I've ever seen. Well 2nd biggest, group C is the biggest. If you released group formation before the qualifier, I genuinely think people would have intentionally forfeited, and releasing it post-hoc isn't a solution to that problem but rather recognizing things will be gimped so you might as well as not let players know it's gimped until it is.

Even in case of a close group I dont think round robin is a better choice, since 1 random loss in any series can decide between 2nd and 3rd place (e.g. by getting one unlucky map over the whole course of the groupstage), while 2 elim just requires you to win the serieses over all (in which case you only have to win your map and the (left over) neutral map).

Forumpros doing balance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wTcguJZh3A .
When a canis player remembers to build more than 3 units https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hjp8xJHuyA .