Reclaim balance suggestion

@moses_the_red said in Reclaim balance suggestion:

Tagada said in Reclaim balance suggestion:

This is a terrible idea and I've already answered why in another thread so don't even try to ruin this discussion by adding it here. If you do then I think it will be really healthy for this thread that your posts be removed as you do nothing but post your insane ideas around the forum and argue with people which demotivates everyone around to read through the threads and post anything meaningful.

For all your inane shit talking, you've failed.

Sorry but what was the point of posting this? The purpose of the balance forum is to propose the ideas to the balance team so it could be put into the next patch. Trying to act like you’re some second rate Ben Shapiro for no real reason literally damages everyone involved in the thread.

• the balance team stops looking at player suggestions
  • higher rated players are not interested in giving feedback to suggestions because they don’t want to crawl through garbage
  • lower rated or newer players don’t get a seat at the table due to repeated negative experiences
  • you get a bad rep for being an idiot

This has literally devolved into useless arguing, and you know that means something if I’m the one saying it of all people.

Please allow the balance team to moderate the balance forums.

I'm in support of a reclaim nerf. Having wrecks take longer to reclaim gives opponents more time to make a counter play. It also means if you have laid claim to a large mass field post-battle, your rate of absorbtion will slow down, meaning it will be easier to manage balancing the incoming mass.

The only part I would want to keep the same is the rate engies reclaim hostile units. I feel it's important for an awake player to reclaim a raiding LAB or tank with a quick reclaim order. If a LAB can go toe to toe with a reclaiming engie and kill it, I think that takes away a "large" bit of early game micro that rewards players that put the attention and effort in.

It would be very interesting to see how a significant slowdown in reclaim would affect how The Ditch is played.

@Keene Hostile versus Non-Hostile would be nice, but, in terms of faction vs same faction seems questionable.

I understand the concept but not sure in a general sense how reasonable that is for alot of gameplay in FAF.

The rest seems 50/50 back and forth, which for the current situation is without for say same outcome.

Thanks

@Mvk_ said in Reclaim balance suggestion:

@Keene Hostile versus Non-Hostile would be nice, but, in terms of faction vs same faction seems questionable.

I understand the concept but not sure in a general sense how reasonable that is for alot of gameplay in FAF.

The rest seems 50/50 back and forth, which for the current situation is without for say same outcome.

Thanks

????

Most of his posts are gibberish like that.

maybe it is possible to make a mod that simply removes all reclaimables (rocks, trees, initial wrecks) from the map at game start? then people could play maps without initial reclaim and see how it actually affects the way games are played out. it would probably make games slower overall, but how much is hard to say.

what about reclaim that appears after killing units

Such a mod would be unranked meaning it would not get played more than likely.

Manual reclaim in higher amounts (eg. clicking more then the biggest rocks) is only needed at 2k+ level so I don't understand this whole stance of "you need to click so many rocks, what a dumb mechanic". If you don't want to then don't do it and you and 99% of the player base will do just fine. Instead of clicking the rocks to get 50 more mass you can micro your tank and win easily a 1vs1 with your tank and get guess what 50 mass value out of it as well as possibility of raiding enemy expanding engie or get a more favorable trade later on with 3vs2. If we are talking about team games you can do exactly the same with tanks or early t1 bomber.

People that argue that manual reclaim in high amounts gives insane return of APM investments clearly don't understand this game and it's mechanics.

@Archsimkat I support your proposed reduction of reclaim rate. I however do not know to what degree of reduction would be appropriate.
@Keene your suggestion too keep the rate at which an engineer can reclaim hostile units is good and I support this notion.