Mercy simple suggestion: reduce damage vs ACU

Because I can scout it and then make 5 t1 aa all around my acu but because projectiles are simulated they might miss the initial shot which is all it takes for the mercy to then kill me.

Just like SAMs can only really protect things a ways behind them from T3 bombers, you need to put T1 MAA in front of your commander, not next to it. And T1 MAA is the weakest AA, a handful of inties or one flak (which should be in play by that stage of the game) just delete Mercies

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

Make the mercy an anti air weapon that has massive AOE and can take out huge blobs of ASFs and intis. Really make air play spicier and more frustrating. /s

bro they are in front of my commander r u trying to tell me because an aeon has a t2 air fac i must always keep my acu 500 m behind t1 maa so it doesn't die?

@ftxcommando

I would say the distance you need to park them is around twice the build range of the ACU, it's not really that far. Less distance if you have radar coverage.

and what if the RARE scenario occurs when twice the buildrange of your acu happens to be inside an enemy army?

the point here is that aeon has the ability to simply lose u any game situation where you need to have acu v acu combat in teamgames through no fault of your own, you could have scouted it 30 seconds ago, built the correct counter, but just lose cuz the turret cant turn fast enough to kill the mercy in time

saying "oh just dont have your acu there" is like saying "oh just lose the game"

Vakli if mercy has hp it will 100% kill on the first run

It's not the same with T2 bombers.

Look up how to mod, it's easy, change the hp and try it out.

@veteranashe What situations would you propose I test?
I already assume it will kill any unshielded structure it has sufficient damage for if it is not intercepted.

Are you concerned that it is too good at sniping T2 mex and T2 pgens?

@thewheelie said in Mercy simple suggestion: reduce damage vs ACU:

and what if the RARE scenario occurs when twice the buildrange of your acu happens to be inside an enemy army?

That’s why we make interceptors kids

@ftxcommando

But t1 maa aren’t the optimal counter to mercies, t1 interceptors or t2 flak are

Flak is not optimal it has too low of a muzzle velocity.

Change the mercy hp to whatever you think, Ive tested 50-200, change the range if you want. It works don't to range 6 I think.

Then load the game non faf with your mod, enable cheats, give yourself a mercy and the enemy a t3 pgen, Omni and 1 flak. Have the mercy target the flak. Add more flak till your happy.

Lol once I gave the mercy like range 2 and it would fly over and not target then circle back to it and activate. At 200 hp 1 flak couldn't stop it even flying over twice

@veteranashe I tried something else, 1 T2 mex and 1 Flak vs a T2 Fighter/Bomber.

1 flak fails to defend against Corsair or Notha, both taking 2 passes to destroy the mex and releasing their second bomb before being destroyed. Janus gets the mex below 50% before it is destroyed by flak.

Aeon taking 1 pass to destroy it, despite 1 flak, with a suicide unit, doesn't look that bad.

I believe that's cheaper than a tml.

@veteranashe So it's potentially viable?

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

@veteranashe said in Mercy simple suggestion: reduce damage vs ACU:

I believe that's cheaper than a tml.

Interesting comparison, the more because at one point at least Aeon TMD would attract Mercy missiles.

We could do 2 things, either:
A. Accept that defending against Aeon T2 means having interceptors ready to intercept Mercies eco snipes, while saving on TMD.
B. Make the mercy projectile officially a Tac Missile so TMD (deliberately) shoots down the projectile.

Mercy doesnt need any changes

@olezha1 what make you say that?

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

It's already strong and at the same time weak. The only thing I'd like to see is that you could have some dmg so you could take out groups of tanks or clouds of unties/asf, and make volatile so they could chain blow up and ruin a attack