Feature Request: Reason For Adding A Foe

Hi all.

It would be really useful if one, before adding a foe, could write a reason for doing so.

To keep those foes organized, you know?

For example: a lager spoiled a game, you look him up in the #aeolus, right mouse press on his nick, select Add Foe, and a small popup window with a line for a text appears, you write a reason and press enter. Next time when you are looking through your foes, you right mouse press on a foe and see a reason for being a foe written under his nick.

But why? You add that one special foe for lags or something else. Some time passes, foes getting added, and now there are many foes in the list. You going through the list, and suddenly, you can't remember why that one special player is in the Foe List.

Reason For Adding A Friend would also be useful, I guess.

The Honorable Recall

I would like to rename "foe" and add some more in that do the same or almost the same.

"Bad host"
"Toxic player"
Etc

I think it would make more sense to just allow any player to add a note to any other player, like steam chat does, regardless of friend/foe status. I would not add more fixed labels in addition to foe, it doesn't make sense unless the client can actually do something useful with the information and is strictly less flexible/useful.

@katharsas said in Feature Request: Reason For Adding A Foe:

I think it would make more sense to just allow any player to add a note to any other player, like steam chat does, regardless of friend/foe status. I would not add more fixed labels in addition to foe, it doesn't make sense unless the client can actually do something useful with the information and is strictly less flexible/useful.

If you are hosting a game, your foe can't join your lobby.

Why this feature would be useful for me:
As you play FAF the foes are piling up, time passes, and, suddenly, you want to clean your Foe List, but some foes must remain in the Foe List for some serious reason, and that's why this feature is needed, to keep tabs on those special foes.
Currently, my Foe List consists of bunch of random nicks, and I can't tell who is who.

The Honorable Recall

You might be able to use the chat colors to help yourself remember. But it’s more of a hack than a solution. I think nicknames and additional notes would be nice. The question is, do we need that to persist across computers (in the server database) or can it be on a per client level (nicks/notes not synced between computers).

Since you keep your foes forever I should be stored server side.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice