Random unit ideas T1 (RP)

Last year we had a new unit competition, and it was a lot of fun. I am thinking about financing another friendly competition in that same vein. But before that happens I wanted to just have a spot to throw out random unit ideas for fun! So even if you can't mod your own unit share an idea!

Criteria:
~ Tech 1 of any type. (Buildings are units)
~ Nomads included
~ Include ideas for stats, stat ranges, role, etc.
~ Art (doodles) is a bonus.
(Now for fun)
~ Present your idea as if you are before a panel of your factions generals trying to secure funding for your project you think will tip the balance of war, or line your war profiteering pocketbooks by prolonging it! 😄

(Check out the one from last year)

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

Replace aeon mmls with a unit that works like aeon t2 pd, it has the same movement as a tham but has the setup time of a demolisher and has the fire rate of t2 arty, it costs 1.25x the price of an mml

A t1 land unit with only radar jamming, like the UEF frigate but the signals need to be much closer to the unit so on radar it will look like 5 units which move quasi realistically. No combat abilities whatsoever. Should move the same as the t1 tank unit so it would look like a raiding force that would be expected during t1 phase of the game.

Even if your opponent knows you are using them, mixing them in with your regular army will make it difficult for your opponent to accuratly assess its strength from just radar.

Tech 1 PT boats for all factions that are cheap, low hp, maneuverable and fast. The LABs of the sea. They have high alpha strike with their torpedoes but lengthy reload. Torpedo defense will make them much less effective. Microed well they can counter frigates but are countered themselves by subs, who have torpedoes that can lock onto them.

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

@zeldafanboy That's a good one. I was actually lamenting that torpedo boats werent a thing really (I speaking of their historical context). Something the size category of the shard that fires one really big torpedo with a long reload should do the trick.

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

i'd like to see landmines in the game

Sorry , but torpedo craft in T1 with big torpedos, will destroy totally the subs. Better to create 4 scouts (5 with Nomads), each with unique caracteristics , like better offense (Aeon), stealth (Cybran), better defense (UEF) Etc. Also to do something in naval affairs, IMHO , the best thing to do is to remodelate all subs, that would be invisible to sonar if they are without movement, and only appearred when they will move OR launch propedoes. Along would be exactly which happens would be VERY FUN.

@blackjaguar the invisible without movement thing is a neat idea. Perhaps the code for the Selen could be reused. Maybe t1 could have sonar stealth while still, and T2 a cloak too? Could be cool.

@kalethequick said in Random unit ideas T1 (RP):

@blackjaguar the invisible without movement thing is a neat idea. Perhaps the code for the Selen could be reused. Maybe t1 could have sonar stealth while still, and T2 a cloak too? Could be cool.

Yes, another fighter in a 3d party Mod , that is cloaked, only be reveled when fire. I think that the sum of both scripts can change the underwater game.

"Dear cyborgs, I want to present my proposal.

As you know, we are known for lasers, spikes, cloaking and stupid names for units. These qualities however are underrepresented in our immediately deployable arsenal.

Therefore I am pleased to present the Catprince. This looks like a clamshell that moves with spikes. The spikes generate a cloaking field while unfortunately lighting it up as a beacon on radar, anyway... Yes, it uses a milliMegawatt laser, UEF would probably call it a kilowatt laser... Eh, a mM-laser with a short range that can cut down units as fast as a permanently cloaked dark psionic warrior that is raised in a Temple would with a psiblade. But as said, we prefer spikes and bad names like Catprince and Monkeylord, and the laser beam off course. "