Aeon T1 addition: heavy tank

Just reading the OP (i did not go through the 80 following posts), my feeling is : if you give access to a normal tank, you wouldn't make aurora anymore, or a small ratio of it, like other faction make 1 arty for 3-4 tanks.

Also the whole thread seems to focus heavily on micro, when i my experience the most frustrating thing about aurora isn't the micro it requires (it's unforgiving, but when you put some small effort in it it's also rewarding, which is a motivation to use this unit, just like snipers).

No i think it's all about their weakness to air, and all the situation that comes with it being very easy to kill : one aurora can die to one micro'd lab, it can't raid or counter ennemy raids, you can't shift-g or overrun an ACU with them, and since you have to rely on your ACU to tank the damage, you're very at risk of being overrun.

All those drawbacks are, in my view, heavier reasons to dislike aurora than the simple "they need heavy micro".

@Auricocorico can I summarize that Aeon has no T1 unit that can handle itself?

I stopped playing Aeon for a while to do more with many T1 tank & arty drops, went wrong with Aeon too often.

Thanks for your input @Auricocorico. Yes, the OP is sufficiently up-to-date (except I mostly gave up by now).

if you give access to a normal tank, you wouldn't make aurora anymore

Yeah, I get that feeling.

No i think it's all about their weakness to air, and all the situation that comes with it being very easy to kill

All those drawbacks are, in my view, heavier reasons to dislike aurora than the simple "they need heavy micro".

Interesting, and much harder to fix without giving Aeon a "normal tank".

A different possibility for adjusting balance did occur to me: increase Aurora HP slightly at the cost of DPS. However, it's probably not a worthwhile change: (1) without a huge increase to HP the Aurora still wouldn't survive T1 bombers and (2) reducing DPS has big implications for all-in vs ACU and for raiding mexes etc.

Nothing needs to be changed. It doesn't matter if Aeon is less popular than other factions.

So do I not make the UEF hetzer then? Should it deploy like t3 Arty? I assure you this is CRITICAL.

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!