NEEDS PROOF OF OWNERSHIP?

i can't log in.. it now says i need to prove i own the games.

when i click the link it crashes and gives some java error. i own three copies of this game and it's 100 years old. All still in boxes.. sh#$ i still have ta in the box. AS i just built a computer i am pretty sure this account was made years and years ago. so would i not have had to do this then?

i am not sure who to email. if they people i am told to dont respond.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: State returned by user service does not match initial state
at com.faforever.client.login.LoginController.lambda$initialize$13(LoginController.java:235)
at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper$SingleChange.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:181)
at com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper.fireValueChangedEvent(ExpressionHelper.java:80)
at javafx.beans.property.ReadOnlyStringPropertyBase.fireValueChangedEvent(ReadOnlyStringPropertyBase.java:72)
at javafx.beans.property.ReadOnlyStringWrapper.fireValueChangedEvent(ReadOnlyStringWrapper.java:103)
at javafx.beans.property.StringPropertyBase.markInvalid(StringPropertyBase.java:111)
at javafx.beans.property.StringPropertyBase.set(StringPropertyBase.java:145)
at javafx.scene.web.WebEngine.updateLocation(WebEngine.java:434)
at javafx.scene.web.WebEngine$LoadWorker.dispatchLoadEvent(WebEngine.java:1364)
at javafx.scene.web.WebEngine$PageLoadListener.dispatchLoadEvent(WebEngine.java:1239)
at com.sun.webkit.WebPage.fireLoadEvent(WebPage.java:2524)
at com.sun.webkit.WebPage.fwkFireLoadEvent(WebPage.java:2369)
at com.sun.webkit.network.URLLoaderBase.twkWillSendRequest(Native Method)
at com.sun.webkit.network.HTTP2Loader.lambda$willSendRequest$14(HTTP2Loader.java:497)
at com.sun.webkit.network.HTTP2Loader.lambda$callBackIfNotCanceled$10(HTTP2Loader.java:437)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$10(PlatformImpl.java:428)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:391)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$11(PlatformImpl.java:427)
at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:96)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$runLoop$3(WinApplication.java:174)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832)

sorry should have added this in the original post

Our steam linking enforcement did change recently as part of our upgrade to the login mechanism. It's now required for all accounts to be linked to steam (it used to be that really old accounts including yours were exempt). If you have a CD version of the game you can use it to redeem a copy of the steam version as well so this should not be a problem. You will need to link through the faforever.com website.