Serious issues with new update, please revert.

@mr_blastman said in Serious issues with new update, please revert.:

@thomashiatt how do I do this?

In-game, go to the options menu, then the gameplay tab, then scroll to the bottom of the list and disable the new mex-related option.

@Jip
I believe I've had problems like 4 and 5 from blast's list happen to me as well, but I think they also happened before this most recent patch.

pfp credit to gieb

At least that adds to the confusion 👍 , anyone else?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

i also have issues in 2) - sometimes. i thought it is my mouse - i have replaced(resolder new) left button switch 5 times...

@thomashiatt said in Serious issues with new update, please revert.:

the new feature that automatically selects to build a mex when you mouse over a mass point.

I wouldn't mind this feature if it only did that for UNBUILT mexes

It's setting me up to "build" a mex on spots that already have partial- or fully-built mexes on them

So it interferes with selecting mexes to add storages

@mr_blastman said in Serious issues with new update, please revert.:

Nvidia fix can probably be removed now?

Yeah, it's been fixed for more than half a year. They plastered it all over the client's frontpage. Kinda hard to miss it.

bump, still waiting for replays + timestamps.

@mr_blastman

You might want to try temporarily deleting or moving all of your downloaded mods to another folder (that FA/FAF won't access) and seeing if that resolves your issues. There presently seem to be some bugs that result in certain downloaded UI mods having effects despite not being enabled...

pfp credit to gieb

@emperor_penguin said in Serious issues with new update, please revert.:

@mr_blastman

You might want to try temporarily deleting or moving all of your downloaded mods to another folder (that FA/FAF won't access) and seeing if that resolves your issues. There presently seem to be some bugs that result in certain downloaded UI mods having effects despite not being enabled...

Only if they use custom textures - if it is anything else, please do share the mod.

Just to bump this topic - I am still waiting for replays where the situations you describe happen.

Since last update scathis does not shoot properly anymore. Needs ca. 1 minute to start shooting

@alina-kiss said in Serious issues with new update, please revert.:

Since last update scathis does not shoot properly anymore. Needs ca. 1 minute to start shooting

That was quite literally my mistake 🙂 .

It is fixed and available already on the FAF Develop branch.

@jip Thx, sometimes it happens, but all of you make a really great job.

Another crash for all players (all players got the debug window)
game_15448984.log
crash.txt

Never Fear, A Geek is Here!

Thanks for reporting it - that one is fixed and tested, available on FAF Develop. Tonight (10pm GMT +2) the next patch will be pushed and then it will be part of the regular branch too.