The game is frozen. Question.

When the game freezes, I cannot do anything with the laptop, any actions (switch to the desktop, open the task manager, and so on). Only one static image and idle sound from the car engine. Only reboot helps. Question: is this the only one that happens to me? Are there any other players who have this problem?

What mods enabled?

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

Only UI mods
No Shake and Advanced Target Priorities 1.1

@Askaholic This is not it. Unlike him, I don't have any errors in the log. game_15369061.log

I agree - it sounds like a complete system crash. I'm assuming that your only remedy is a complete reboot of the machine ? If so - you may have a deeper issue. As SCFA can really stress a single core of your CPU - heat can be a problem - and it may point to a number of other possible inherent instabilities with your system. Laptop by any chance ?

Do you play any other relatively demanding games on your laptop? If so what are they are do you have a similar issue with them? This sounds more like an OS or hardware level issue to me

@marcspector this can happen with older games. While you should definitely check for system instability if you are overlocking your hardware, if it doesn't happen more than once every few months I wouldn't worry.

If I understand correctly, it's not that your system has frozen, it's just that you are stuck with the faf screen on top of everything—if you are on Windows 10, press Windows + tab to see all open windows, then right-click on faf and move to > desktop 2 (or new desktop if you are missing it).

At that point, you'll be able to open task manager on desktop 1 to close faf and solve the issue.

I also had the game freeze twice in the last several days

The game keeps high CPU load for several minutes, alt-tab doesn't work properly (task manager is displayed only in the alt-tab menu but I can't swich to another window)

6 active mods:
Advanced Selection Info
Advanced target priorities
Advanced Reclaim Info
Common Mod Tools
Supreme Economy 2.3
Supreme Score Board

Will try to run without any mods next time

Attaching a log file
game_15375181.log

Maybe this is one of the relevant log messages:

warning: Error running OnCollisionCheck script in Entity at 27a60700: Unexpected type for army object
stack traceback:
[C]: in function `IsEnemy'
...rogramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\shield.lua(360): in function <...rogramdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\shield.lua:334>