League System Development: Division Icons Wanted

Hello everyone,

As you may have heard, there is a league system in the making to bring back divisions like you know them from many other competitive multiplayer games. The backend logic is almost finished now, and we are actively working on client integration.

There is only one thing missing now: The actual names for the divisions plus icons to represent them.
We will have a tiered system: There are five tiers with five subdivisions (I-V) each and then one top tier that has no subdivisions.
For the graphic side of things, we plan to show small icons in the matchmaking tab, so they should be 20 pixels high and no more than 40 pixels wide.
We also want to show a big version in a new leaderboard tab. The design there is not finished yet, but I estimate that there will be around 150-200 pixels of height available. You can see a first idea for the new leaderboard below. The big division graphic goes where the empty rectangle is. Of course the rating plot will later show the division distribution instead of rating.
mockup.png
If you have ideas for division names, or are capable of making nice graphics for them, just reply here.

Military sigma and ranks would work well with final one being "Supreme Commander".

Analyze, Adapt, Overcome...

I suggest Bronze --> Silver --> Gold --> Master --> Grandmaster --> Supreme Commander.
I don't really like military ranks or platinum/diamond stuff...
The highest division should have a cool name, maybe Supreme Commander, though that's a bit boring. Maybe Legend (or Legendary Commander) or Champion would be nice. Anyway I think the highest one should be a bit more creative.

Gaining title of the game it self seems pritty worthy rank to obtain.

Analyze, Adapt, Overcome...

T1 mex, T2 mex, T3 mex, RAS SCU, Paragon... 🙂
Icons are finished, voila.

I think Recruit ---> Sergeant ---> Lt. Colonel---> General ---> Support Commander ---> Supreme Commander
Something like that would be cool

Bronze -> Silver -> Gold -> Platinum -> Master -> Supreme Commander would be nice

Supreme Commander should be the final tier

Supreme Commander is too boring lol.

Bronze --> Silver --> Gold --> Master --> Grandmaster --> Legend

Developer for LOUD Project | https://discord.gg/DfWXMg9
AI Development FAF Discord | https://discord.gg/ChRfhB3
AI Developer for FAF

Community Manager for FAF
Member of the FAF Association
FAF Developer

Bronze --> Silver --> Gold --> Master --> Grandmaster -->

Prodigy / Mastermind / Supreme / Supreme League / (Total) Annihilator / AL (Annihilation League) / ABU (Armoured Brain Unit) / Leveler / GC (God Commander) / Elite

Supreme Commander is Supreme.

New Icons would be nice, but old icons would still be better if was used still otherwise.
Icons in general would still just be new with the new system.

Keep the standards, when still changing the game.

Regardless of which suggestion is taken, I think the final division (whether it's Grandmaster or Supreme Commander) should also show a numerical ranking denoting your position in the leaderboard (e.g., Grandmaster #1, Grandmaster #32, etc.)

@archsimkat could be a possible large number with that listing. Maybe first top 100 in each is eligible for such highlight or 250 even.

Maybe we could highlight best 100/250 players as Grandmaster, and call the best 10 or 20 the 'Supreme Commanders'?

Have you guys looked at how many people are at rating ranges before throwing out ideas? The top 250 is basically anyone over 1300. The breakdown of how divisions are assigned isn't going to be changed now; it's about the names/icons for the current breakdown.

Also might as well as post this idea I was throwing around a month ago

Military Ranks:
league.png

Otherwise yeah, just

Bronze -> Silver -> Gold -> Platinum -> Master -> Supreme Commander

@ftxcommando Go with Grand Marshal but i still support this a lot^^

Developer for LOUD Project | https://discord.gg/DfWXMg9
AI Development FAF Discord | https://discord.gg/ChRfhB3
AI Developer for FAF

Community Manager for FAF
Member of the FAF Association
FAF Developer

@Cascade I like the idea of the second highest tier being “Support Commander”, although it’s visually very similar to “Supreme Commander” and has the same initials.

@FtXCommando said in League System Development: Division Icons Wanted:

Have you guys looked at how many people are at rating ranges before throwing out ideas?

Do you have the breakdown of the rating ranges?