Robustness's maps

I want to recommend everyone to play at least once something from this list in the global.mapsGOOD.pdf

How did you come up with this list ? Are those your "favorite maps" ?

@auricocorico it has been going for 4 years. This is what we play with different frequency in the global. there are both quite old maps that my friends and I like, and fresh ones that have also joined the stream.

converted to 4x4hotspot4.jpg

after much discussion, it was converted to 1x1 for beginners fafrainy day.jpg

Hi.

Impressive work!
One can't imagine the sheer amount of time and effort you had invested in mapping.

Want to point out the Dual Gap, you had created a very good map (on the same level as de_dust2 from Counter-Strike 1.6).
Your map provides an unique team play experience, that is why it is beloved by so many players.

Can you shed some light behind the creation of the map that had become so popular?

Also wanted to ask: is it possible to set 4 starting Mass Extractors instead of 8 in the Dual Gap latest version?
Reasoning behind the question is balance. The surplus of resources makes the game process less interesting.
Here are some key points right of the bat:

1. Too much resources encourage players to do the Mindless Spam approach, which by itself is void of a true skill.

2. Too much resources at player's disposal is less demanding skill wise to properly build up an effective economy.

3. The importance of getting off-base Mass Extractors at the middle vanishes. Player can just get the reclaim on his mid side, then fall back to his base, turtle up with his upgraded 8 Mass Extractors and fend off almost any land attack, while his team builds a Game Ender.

4. If one mid player is taken out, the other mid player on the same team can still effectively turtle up and solo hold the position while his eco player gets additional 8 Mass Extractors, hence the disbalance.

5. The pace of the game becomes too fast, Game Enders are rushed and the game ends usually at some 40 minutes in.

I know that some of the points above are very situational and are depended on the individual players and their ability to play as a team, but judging by the observations this is how most of the games go, with those distinct universal moments.

The Honorable Recall

The very concept of the map was taken from previous versions from other players. An analysis of "what they like"was carried out. Extensive work has been carried out on "remove this immediately". As a result, the mountains were made based on the scale and location of the version from taumel. A lot of players of the "top" of this map were also interviewed. The first changes were physical, not visual. The forest was reworked only into groups on the bases and removed a huge number of single trees that slowed down the game. Biomes were located with an approximate change in the reclaim, that is, no one felt that he had less resources at this position or there were more of them. Then the trees that lit up at the beginning of the game were removed as they created a three-second lag at the beginning at the start. All mass extractors on the bases have been adjusted, previously each slot had a certain asymmetry. When I delved deeper into the map, I found that the previous versions were visually not symmetrical in both coloring and terrain. Therefore, taking my time, I spent a couple of months with my friends coming up with a release version of the modern classical gap. You can fit the whole way in one photo. In any case, I would like to express a big thank you to Morax. He gave me a lot of support.gapp.jpg Some such way in 4 months.

We had the idea that there would be less than 8 mass extractors left on the base, but we decided that there would be enough adaptive settings to reduce the natural reclaim and add hidden ones. And so there are many examples where a decrease in starting opportunities has a bad effect on the game and on the map of this type. As you correctly noticed, this map has become a kind of niche, like de_dust2. Since the balance of all "idials" is observed everywhere, for those who adore it. That's probably why Dota2 is so popular...

That's where I got my inspiration from in the mountains.730096236f83b9667094fd3ce72c23b3-jpg.jpg

The work of an old friend.( pr) 18.09.2021sid.jpg

Dante (Sorian_Ai). 18.09.2021dante.jpg

lenkin (SaskeKaske) PR 18.09.2021saske1.jpg saske2.jpg

works by Pulon and barmaleushko 19.09.2021 PRpulon.jpg barm.jpg

works MikZuperztar 19.09.2021 PRmikz.jpg mikz1.jpg

Two maps have been updated, one of which represents a new, fresh gameplay on a fairly similar classic map

The second implies a competitive card over dominance, with the help of waves of units that should capture control points, thereby strengthening the appearance of new units, who will gain the maximum level, will receive recognition from the rest and the match will end.124444111.jpg

Adaptive Where are the skulls124124124142.jpg 13.jpg 12.jpg

I lost interest in the project, if anything, use discord for communication: supertiwkanik.jpg

sadness

for those who need to save to a folder 12 v gap dualgap_adaptive.v0012.rar

13v13v.png