Size Proportional Radar/Sonar

Hello everyone

Would it be posible to make the radar and sonar blips proportional to the size of the unit that is being detected?

Closer to how actual rader and sonar would work, you still cant see the unit or building but you can see the size of an object.

So that a T1 tank would be small and an experimental or factory would be much larger giving a more detailed intel picture.

That would change gameplay quite signifficantly. You would be able to distinguish between a t1 tank and a lab in the beginning easily. Atm you could spot the different movementspeed but that is quite hard.
I don't think it would be good for gameplay.

Yeah this is one of those things that makes a lot of sense but would be a significant and probably detrimental change to gameplay.

Nah, I put radio retroreflectors on all my small units, and radar absorbent paint on all my big boys specifically to keep their cross section the same.

It's what I call a "Pro gamer move"

And I very much enjoy sending 20 t1 air scouts and 1 t3 bomber on a formation move order, making the enemy send their whole air wing to intercept it, opening a route for the actual bombers on the other side of the map.

Or putting aeon T1 land scouts in naval formations.

You must deceive the enemy, sometimes your allies, but you must always deceive yourself!

Maybe something a bit less accurate would work?

small = basic land and air units as they are now
medium = T2 power, strategic missile launcher etc
large = experimentals, factories, T3 power and other large structures battleships

There’s like no reason why lazy scouting should be encouraged in the game.