Well my client "Units" tab has always led me to the spooky database. I didn't know that in other people's client it could lead to this outdate one ...
Unit Database Discussion Thread
Rackover is/was used to be the default one not spooky. Also Rackover's is less CPU heavy/easier to select comparisons in my experience
I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.
Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project
@shenmue-is-life Maybe you could change your titre, to add problem with actual database? With all discussion going on, I do not know if I should make another thread
Spooky DB is default for new client installations but i don't think the client switched over existing installations. Maybe old DB should be removed until it can be fixed (which will probably never happen but at least we don't have people using broken DB).
Good to know that it's an option in the client but there should a link somewhere on the site as well, it's still linking to the old version with no mention of this new version anywhere (apart from a spooky mode option).
I'll admit that you'll learn of it if you eventually go to the bottom of the page and follow the link to github, but I definitely would have never noticed that link or clicked on it normally...
@deletethis Another issue: the Aeon T3 torpedo plane ("Solace") damage/dps is shown as less than the true number
It says 500 damage x4, which would be 2k damage per pass.
But we know it's around double that because a Solace can one-pass all 4 factions' cruisers
I think it has something to do with the way the weapon is coded, that it has 2 "racks" of missiles or something and the unit DB doesn't understand that it needs to double the damage
Does this mean the database does NOT read the values right from the database files? Were those values entered by hand??
It reads the files but gpg thought it would be really cool if every unit had their own stupid gimmick for how they release 30 dps instead of just giving the unit 30 dps. Every idiosyncrasy they made isn’t accounted for.
The Rackover unitdb is sort of "reset" everytime we restart the server and needs a manual trigger to update to the latest patch. Very annoying. I updated it for now.
"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice
The DPS=0 problem seems to be gone. Thanks.
But all other problems seem to be still there.
- There seems to be common problem with "fire cycle = x projectiles/shot". Sometimes you can multiply raw damage, firerate, fire cycle and nombre of weapons( usually 1), to get DPS, and sometimes it does not work. Already mentioned UEF cruiser, but UEF t3 gunship, CYB t3 gunship, even UEF nukesub having Fire cycle 2 projectiles / shot, etc.
- Galactic Colossus surely does not have a DPS of 1667... And tractor clavs do not fire every secund. Checking from another database(spooki) , GC, Spider and Ythothia are not corresponding in values.
- SER croiser and mothership missiles are not supposed to cost mass (300).
- AEO t1 tank (Aurora) DPS seems to be out. Compared to other database.
5.AEO flare DPS seems to be out. Compared to other database.
- All t1 bombers seems to be out, firerate incorrect I think.
Probably could find some more, some of those had just stayed in my memory from before...
Not always easy to learn a game like that, with no or incorrect data
You can fix the issues here: https://github.com/FAForever/UnitDB