Why do I need to link my account to Steam?

Is it possible to unlink the Steam account once the check is done?

No. There is no reason to do that, because you are only allowed to have one FAF account. If you want to rename your account, you don't need to create a 2nd account, you can just do that with your existing account.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice

I was thinking about unlinking the Steam account in order to break the trend of having to create accounts everywhere and link accounts everywhere our societies are diving into at the moment. I mean: for fuck sake, why do I have to "create an account" — I always have the "genius toll face" meme coming in my mind when I read or write that — to listen to the radio? Even 9GAG asked me to link my Facebook account to post shit memes, which I didn't have, so I create a Facebook account on the spot... It's really part of a more general rant of mine against ACCOUNTS and LINKS everywhere, not about setting profile data.

We do this to protect ourselves legally. I have no clue why other services do it.

Also we will never support an unlink feature because people will misuse this to circumvent the rating system.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice

Does removing the FAF account unlink the Steam account?

Hello, i got the problem that the faf client doesnt find the game on my steam profile, before you ask i made everything public so the system can see what games i have. But i didnt bought the game on steam i activated it with the CD key maybe this is the Problem.
would be ni9ce if someone could help me out with this

@SoulRipper77 can you confirm that you steam show it like this https://imgur.com/m008i0y

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

@rowey Screenshot (4).png

"öffentlich" means public

@rowey and now when i try to confirm that i own the game on steam this comes
Error! Access token expired:

You need to log out and back in

did it but the same error is coming

You need to log out and back into the FAF website

thats what i did like 10 times but it still doenst find the game on my steam profile, but atleast the weird error that i mention before doesnt come now

Access token expired means your FAF website login expired

For the reference of other people who are trying to help you:
The FAF account is not linked to any steam account.
The Steam account is not linked to any FAF account.
The Steam account's games are publicly visible.

There is no reason this shouldn't work. The mod client doesn't let me manually link steam accounts, but perhaps someone with direct access could help you.

@askaholic so how exactly do i get the token back ? or do i have to create anew account

Removing cookies should solve the problem with the token.